[Req] Drag&Drop in File System Plugins

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

chandragor

[Req] Drag&Drop in File System Plugins

Post by *chandragor »

I know I can do Drag&Drop from a panel managed by a File System Plugin (FSP) to another panel within TC.

What I'm missing is the possibility to perform Drag&Drop also to another program, just as if it is a Network Connection.

Let me explain: I'm using the Temporary Panel plugin by Sergej Puljajev, and I have added some files to it. Then I want to burn them on a CD, so I fire up Nero, I select them all and I try to drag them on the Nero Compilation panel..... to no avail, because as soon as the cursor leaves TC, the Drag/Drop action is cancelled.

I searched in the FSPs documentation, but I saw no functions which support Drag&Drop, so I think it is managed internally by TC itself. Am I wrong?

I just need the simple Drag&Drop action of sending the file names, just as it was in those days of old when all we had was Windows 3.1.... :D

And I don't mean that EVERY FSP should support Drag&Drop that way. I guess that Ghisler could just add some optional functions like "FsDisconnect" to the FSP interface.

Any suggestion / help / whatever ?
Happy owner of license #12422 since 1997
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I searched in the FSPs documentation, but I saw no functions which support Drag&Drop, so I think it is managed internally by TC itself. Am I wrong?
You are right.
I just need the simple Drag&Drop action of sending the file names
Normally this isn't possible because the file names refer to files somewhere else, e.g. on some Linux partition or sftp server not accessible to the drop target. But TC 7 will add some new plugin functions especially for temp panel plugins where this could be done. I will try to add it.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

Ghisler wrote:But TC 7 will add some new plugin functions especially for temp panel plugins where this could be done
Does that mean that we wouldn't have internal temp panel in TC7? I thought it was promised already...

2chandragor
Use NTFS Links (utility from Flint) to create hard links and junctions and then burn them.
F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab... - I like to move IT, move IT!..
chandragor

Post by *chandragor »

Thanks to all of you for your answers.

2XPEHOPE3KA
Nice suggestion. I wish I had thought it myself... :D
Happy owner of license #12422 since 1997