FavMenu 2.0

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

Thre is syntax error in your defintion, mabye made by TC, maybe by you:

menu6=--

it closes menu, but there is no menu to close (There is no submenu before it)

Try to rebuild the menu in TC or manualy to fix it
Habemus majkam!
sgp

Post by *sgp »

majkinetor ! wrote:Thre is syntax error in your defintion, mabye made by TC, maybe by you ... Try to rebuild the menu in TC or manualy to fix it
Thanks, this syntax error was made by TC. I rebuilt interactively with your menu editor and it works like a charm now!
sgp

Post by *sgp »

I modified the source to make it compatible with 4NT, a CMD.EXE replacement. Please review my changes and consider to merge them with your code. All I needed to change was this line twice in dialogs.ahk

from
if (prev != "ECHO is on.")

to
if (prev != "ECHO is on." && prev != "ECHO is OFF")

because 4NT outputs "ECHO is OFF" to an empty ECHO command.
sgp

Post by *sgp »

A tip of interest for people using PowerPro in addition to FavMenu in a console window.
PowerPro's "favorite folders" feature tracks all folders used in open/save dialogs. You can easily reuse that tracking list with FavMenu in a console window. All you have to do is to configure FavMenu's console integration to run this command line

Code: Select all

ppbang PPB_NoTimeoutError PPB_Cmd1=*Keys cd "{filemenu favfolder\_any.txt;*.txt}"{enter}
With this in place, FavMenu shows its CD menu, you can select any folder (it doesn't matter), FavMenu makes the console CD to that folder then runs the above command, which tells PowerPro to show its own favorite folders menu then CD to the selected folder. It isn't pretty, but it works.

Have you considered adding folder tracking to FavMenu?
sgp

Post by *sgp »

An issue in the latest beta. My TC window filters out some file extensions, for instance "|*.swp". If I use FavMenu in a console window to CD to the folder shown in TC's left pane, FavMenu should remove "|*.swp" from the target folder, otherwise CMD.exe will try to open a pipe to "*.swp" and fail with an error message.
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

Thx for your feedback sgp.

I will probably try to find time to re-do some things in Favmenu. One of the things will be plugins so you can add your own window for watching. People always ask me to add this or that window so this is probably the best way.

I can not say when though. I have low free time currently.
Have you considered adding folder tracking to FavMenu?
I can not track folders from OpenSave windows. Favmenu doesn't monitor Open/Save dialogs or what you do in them. It just scans the system when you call its hotkey and checks what window is in behind. Thats the reason I can't create favlist of recently used folders, as for that, you need global system hooks which I didn't use here, although they are possible in latest AHK version.
An issue in the latest beta. My TC window filters out some file extensions, for instance "|*.swp"
I didn't account this. I will certanly try to fix it. As code is open, you can easily fix it yourself until that time.
Habemus majkam!
Minchen

Post by *Minchen »

Any news? Is Favmenu still in development?
------------------------
Best regards,
Minchen
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

I plan to release first 3.0 public release hopefully in next few months.

I have bigger plans for FM but I don't know when. Since new dynamic function calls ability of AHK, I plan to create nice plugin interface for handling custom windows.
Habemus majkam!
Minchen

Post by *Minchen »

Hi majkinetor !,

nice to see you're alive! :D

I'm using Favmenu every day - and it is awesome.

Thanks
------------------------
Best regards,
Minchen
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

Thx Minchen

I postponed updates until i find time to finish my site where you will find latest FM3 along with some other nice utilities

Work on FM3 was delayed as I was working on my reimplementation of Multi Rename Tool, that I call MRS (Multi Rename Script). The MRS has its own plugin format, besides regular TC content plugins and you are able to write your own in AHK. This influenced my work on FM3.

AHK Plugin interface is very simple:
  • Name the file by the plugin.
  • Plugin must implement 1 subroutine, with the same name as its own. It will receive some parameters about current file name that MRS is processing and it must return the result in the #Res variable. #fn, #fe, #fp, #fd, #no contain file name, file extension, file path, file directory and file number respectively.
  • If it has more then 1 field, it must specify field names in the GetFields subroutine separated by new lines (in #Res variable, again). You can use “*” here to say that plugin accepts anything as field name (this can be used to pass arbitrary parameter to the plugin). MRS will later pass the filed name to the plugin as #1 parameter to its main subroutine. To specify field unit, set units after the field name using “|” as separator.
After you create ahk file you simply copy it to plugins folder and restart MRS.

So now you can do all the things people always asked, like counters that reset in directories, renaming from web or pretty muh everything and plugins can accept parameters. For instance [=CSV.17 ;] which returns 17th coloumn of CSV file separated by ;. On the screenshot, Hash plugin is done in AHK as sample although there is wdHash already available.

Its totaly compatibile with TC MRT except that it fixes unlogical things Ghisler did 2 MRT along with some buffer overflows 8)

Here is the list of features so far:
  • Great number of simple file masks
    AHK plugins and support for TC’s content plugins
    Perl regular expression search & replace
    Real time preview for all files in the list
    Undo, Presets, MRUs, configurable menus
    File list manipulation (move & delete)
    No file limit, works equaly fast with any number of files
    Command line driving and COM DropTarget support
    Open source, developed in AutoHotKey so you can change any part of the program quickly
Habemus majkam!
winflowers

Post by *winflowers »

Can FavMenu work together with other file managers, like Unreal Commmander and Free Commander?
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

ofc.

You will need to tweak it a bit tho.
Habemus majkam!
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

majkinetor ! wrote:I plan to release first 3.0 public release hopefully in next few months.
Few months have passed! ;-)

Eight, to be precise since this post. :-P

Any news majkinetor? Maybe at least some screenshots to calm down our appetite? :lol:

Looking forward to this. Keep up the already excellent work.
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Minchen

Post by *Minchen »

I'm also still waiting... I don't want to use another program........
FavMenu rocks!!!!!!!!!

Please don't stop developing it!
------------------------
Best regards,
Minchen
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

Minchen wrote:I'm also still waiting... I don't want to use another program........
FavMenu rocks!!!!!!!!!

Please don't stop developing it!
You are right.

And as we can see from the first post the list of things to come is promising:

TO DO
- Smart refreshing (highest priority)
- FTP user name & password in menu command.
- TC internal command in menu (like cm_opendrives)
- Command line option: specify configuration file to use for both applications.
- Hook for * button in TC
- Mouse impovements (visual indication on dialogs via icon on title or something…. )
- Large icons
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!