open folder during drop operation

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

davitof

open folder during drop operation

Post by *davitof »

Sometimes I use drag and drop from other applications (mainly Explorer) to TC. Now if the TC panes are not showing the correct destination folder, I'd like to be able to navigate through the directory structure just by keeping the cursor over a directory. Ok, I feel I am not clear enough. So here it is step by step:

- I drag a file from another tool

- I bring the cursor over TC. The destination directory I wish is not the current one, but for example it is a subdirectory of one of TC's current directories. I'd like TC to open the directory if I keep the mouse cursor over the directory's name for a certain amount of time, say one second.

Windows Explorer has a similar feature.
Frederic
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

I know that is no solution but only a workaround:

You may press Alt+F10 (while keeping the mouisebutton pressed) to open the 'dilaog box with current directory tree'. Here you can browse through the directory tree and press 'enter' if you found the target dir, then TC opens this dir in the active panel. Of course you may also configuration->Otpions->Misc:redefine cm_cdtree to another or an additional hotkey.

Disadvantage: you can't change the current drive.

But of course it would be very nice to be able to switch into a folder by hovering with the mouse with dragged file over it. And I would propose that you can switch the drive, too, by hovering a certain amount of time over the drivebutton.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
davitof

Post by *davitof »

Yes, of course, once this door is open, users are bound to ask for the drive... and the tab :-)
Frederic