[Change function req] Double click on tab

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

nodust05

[Change function req] Double click on tab

Post by *nodust05 »

Double click on tab will delete the tab, but Ctrl-W or right click menu can handle it. And I won't delete the tab frequently.

Now, if I want goto the tab [C:\Windows (Suppose it change to D:\Data)] in other panel, I have to click [C:\Windows] then Ctrl-\ or click another tab then back. This is not convenient.

So, I request change double click on tab goto the base dir of the tab is much better.

(Correct misspelling tag to tab by requester for easy reading)
Last edited by nodust05 on 2006-06-24, 09:32 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

What you call a tag is actually a tab.

If tabs closing on doubleclick is inconvevient for you, you can disable it at all: Configuration>Options>Folder Tabs>Close tab on double click (untick it).

If you want to go to the base dir of a tab using mouse you can simply switch from one to another tab on the same panel. It's fast enough.

So I don't support this request.
F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab... - I like to move IT, move IT!..
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2XPEHOPE3KA
you can simply switch from one to another tab on the same panel.
Not exactly.
1. You have to switch to another tab and then switch back on the previous one.
2. What if you have one tab only? Create a new one and repeat previous step? :wink:

IMHO very useful feature. I suggested it some time ago but suggestion was rejected.
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

VadiMGP wrote:Not exactly.
1. You have to switch to another tab and then switch back on the previous one.
I've meant exactly that. But I didn't want to write much :)
2. What if you have one tab only? Create a new one and repeat previous step? :wink:
Such an often encountered situation for anyone? I always have more than two tabs per panel.
IMHO very useful feature. I suggested it some time ago but suggestion was rejected.
Reason of rejection?
Last edited by XPEHOPE3KA on 2006-06-22, 09:53 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2XPEHOPE3KA
I've meant exactly that.
So you have to agree - it is quite annoying. "Oh, teacher, you like Windows - exit and enter again!" (C)
Such a often encountered situation for anyone?
I cannot speak for everyone but for me - ofthen enough.
Reason of rejection?
AFAIR, something like "It is impossible because double click is used for closing tabs".
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

2VadiMGP
something like "It is impossible because double click is used for closing tabs".
Sounds silly.
F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab... - I like to move IT, move IT!..
nodust05

Post by *nodust05 »

Request Amendment.

I open the tabs just like my favourite, I even don't close them and have to get back there frequently.

After consideration, though I don't use double click to close the tab, I have another idea.

My request: [mouse to tab1] -> [click] -> goto base dir of tab1

Now: [mouse to tab2] -> [click] -> [mouse to tab1] -> [click] -> goto base dir of tab1

If I can do the job in 2 steps, why should I make it 4 steps?

My explanation:
1. If I want goto the changed location of the activated tab, I would just simply click on the large panel instead of the small tab.
2. If I click on the tab, I am REALLY want to go there (the base dir of the tab).

So, I would like to change my request: ONE click on the tab goto the base dir of the tab
(Just like I click on any other tabs)