English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

[Beta] Please report known bugs now!

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Hi all!

Please report any bugs you encountered in public beta 2 now! I want to release TC6.55 final soon, so I can fully concentrate on TC7 again. Therefore if you have encountered any bug/problem which hasn't been reported here yet, please report it now!

If you don't want to post here, you can also send me a bug report to
beta (at) ghisler dot com. Thanks!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
bedlam

Post by *bedlam »

Been a user since version 3. Running the beta, so far so good. Glad to see the network fixed.
Is there any specific area you wish ran through the mill?
77931 personal license
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

Dunno whether this is a beta bug, but I've discovered it only now: that info strip about sizes & selection, which is right under both panels somehow receives the font (and the font size) of the file list! In options->fonts there are three different setting one of which is for file lists & one of which is for main window. I have always thought that that info strip does belong to the main window, not to the file list. But it is shown as a part of file fist.

The main inconvenience is that information in that strip simply doesn't fit into space allocated for it. Test this with courier new font, sized 12 & bold & at screen resolution 1280x1024.

Can that be fixed or is it "by design"? If latter then I would say it is very strange design...
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

2XPEHOPE3KA
this is not bug! it depend on the splitter size, even if you choose small font size (8pt) but the splitter is not wide enough the text will not fit
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

ts4242
You didn't get the point of my message. What you told is about caused inconvenience. The bug is in the fact that something which is NOT a part of filelist receives file list font & font size.
F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab... - I like to move IT, move IT!..
Lesmo16

Post by *Lesmo16 »

You can find a really annoying bug at: http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=10875
Everyone believing in telekinesis, raise my hand!
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

2XPEHOPE3KA
Ah sorry :oops:
but i think this is by design, both tabstop and footer considered as part of file list

2Ghisler
when doing search and feed the result to the file list, resize tabstop, the footer doesn't updated until you click on a file
i think this is a bug.
djorge

Post by *djorge »

Glad to see the network fixed.
Which problem was that ?
Personal License #117854
bedlam

Post by *bedlam »

djorge wrote:
Glad to see the network fixed.
Which problem was that ?
When I would click the network neighborhood in version 655a I would get nothing. Now it works again in 655b
77931 personal license
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Dunno whether this is a beta bug, but I've discovered it only now: that info strip about sizes & selection, which is right under both panels somehow receives the font (and the font size) of the file list!
This is intentional. Why? It displays file names like the file list, and also file details (in brief view). Therefore it has to use the same font style+size to make sure that the same info can be displayed as in the file list. Furthermore, the font has to support the same characters as the file list, to be able to show all accented characters of the current language.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com