background copy window hasn't fixed position!

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

background copy window hasn't fixed position!

Post by *ts4242 »

all the time i set AlwaysCopyInBackground=0 but when activate AlwaysCopyInBackground=1 i noticed that background copy window hasn't fixed position when copy for first time it will be in position (0,0) second time it is in (screen middle, 0) third time it is again at (0,0)

I used to see the confirmatin dialog box centered in the screen, but now it hasn't fixed position because it follow copy in background window.

this is annoying thing.
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

Good point. I'd really like it if the BTM would remember its window position the next time it is opened.

Post by *Sticky »

I agree. I don't use AlwaysCopyInBackground=1 because I couldn't get used to that window flying around.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

But if you have two BTM or background copy windows open, one would be hidden below the other.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

2Hacker

Hmm, perhaps the BTM could be provided with a little intelligence if that's not too much work.

Maybe the user could configure at least those 4 default positions: top-left/right, bottom-left/right. I think this should fit the most needs.

Further opened BTMs could be opened at a configurable position relative to the already opened BTMs

So for example if I have set the default position to top/left, there are two practicable attach-directions:
1. attach new BTMs to the right side (if screen is full, open a second row)
2 attach new BTMs to the bottom (if screen is full, open a second column)

So perhaps it would somehow be possible for the user to choose one of the 4 available default positions and depending on his choice, he can choose one of the 2 usable 'attach-direction-modes'.

Maybe this is too much effort, but I think this could be useful...