[REQ] Date Created = Date Modified

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

bustacap

[REQ] Date Created = Date Modified

Post by *bustacap »

Hi,
I was wondering if it would be possible to add an additional feature to the “change attributes” option. Where it would be possible to change the Date Created value to be equal to the Date Modified value. I have read trough the forum and found out that this is a confusing topic. But I still think it’s very useful to have such an option. Let me try to explain why. Al though Date Created has great value regarding backups etc etc. If you would buy a new HD an copy all the data from one disk to the other you would lose the Date Created as windows will make the copied file to reflect that date when you copy (which makes sense as you created that file on the new drive now). Total commander has the option to copy date and time but this is the Date Modified field. I am grateful that I’m still able to use Totalcommander to sort on Date but most other apps will use the Date Created field to sort. Would you be able to have an option to make Date Created = Date Modified either in the Attribute or Multi rename tool. This way users have the option to overwrite the Date Created value to reflect the way Totalcommander sorts on date.
Thanks,
BAC
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

I'd like to see it too.

It could be better than using external tool for it (wirtten by myself ;) )
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2bustacap
2fenix_productions

It's coming - see: http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=71936#71936
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar