[Req] Preserve Locked Tab sort order on closing TC

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

chandragor

[Req] Preserve Locked Tab sort order on closing TC

Post by *chandragor »

If, in Configuration/Options/Operation, the checkbox "Panels (brief/full, etc.)" in "Save on exit" is unchecked, the sort order of the currently selected tab is lost whenever you close and open again TC, yet the sort order of the other tabs is preserved anyway.

This is intended by design, and I'm not questioning it (even if it seems an inconsistency).

It would be nice if there were the possibility to preserve the sort order of the locked tabs anyway, maybe with another checkbox in "Save on exit", even if a locked tab is the current one when TC closes.

I have a couple of tabs which I keep locked and sorted in a fixed order. I don't care for the other tabs, for I use TC intensively and they come and go a lot. But the locked tabs MUST always be there and keep their sort order, whatever happens.

The only solutions, by now are:

1) keep checked the "Panels (brief/full, etc.)" option, even if it seems too much for my needs

or

2) always move in foreground a "non-locked" tab before closing TC... (bleah!)
Happy owner of license #12422 since 1997
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

IMHO the sorting order of all folder tabs should always be saved if there is more than on tab open in a panel.

But, if "Show tab header also when there is only one tab" is checked, and there is only one tab open, then the sorting order should only be saved if "Save on exit" - "Panels (brief/full etc.)" is checked.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
chandragor

Post by *chandragor »

Yes! This is exactly how it should work. IMHO too :wink:
Happy owner of license #12422 since 1997