[BUG] Encrypted ZIP SFX

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

[BUG] Encrypted ZIP SFX

Post by *Flint »

1. When creating an archive, it's impossible to check both Encrypt and Create self extracting ZIP archive options. Why? I suppose - it's because the SFX header does not support unpacking encrypted archives, right? Is it planned to update it to such a functionality?

2. Another side of the same problem: when one renames an encrypted ZIP archive into .EXE, TC creates the SFX ZIP archive but it cannot be unpacked then by simply running: it shows an error. However, it's still possible to unpack it via TC's Alt+F9.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

1. Sorry, the sfx unpacker cannot support decryption, and there are no plans to add it in the near future. I would have to outsource the development to a free country where there are no export restrictions, and couldn't include the unpacker in the TC installation.

2. Currently TC does not check whether the sfx unpacker can actually handle the zip archive or not, so users can use third party unpackers which do support decryption.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

I would have to outsource the development to a free country where there are no export restrictions
Why? I thought, in your country there are only restrictions for exporting of encrypting programs, not of decrypting ones...
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64