Useful 3rd party tools to complement TC

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

drpiety

Post by *drpiety »

paste it into the scripting editor not the direct editor...
I tried it, it works fine.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Btw, I've been a registered Macro Express user for many years!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
jdmarch

Post by *jdmarch »

Question for all you faithful ME users - how do you keep large numbers of macros organized if there's no grouping mechanism? Do you simply name each macro with a standard prefix and keep them name-sorted?

Jonathan
Clo

To post easily---

Post by *Clo »

2hmoeller & jdmarch
:D Hi!
¤ A bit beside the topic (although...):
:lol: Please, remember that the <RETURN> key exists! :lol:

:P Or else, please watch here:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/charries/relais/patching.htm
8) You could download the free HTML editor which is patched to write forums BB-code offline very easily... especially for THIS forum!
:) Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
LarsSandberg

Post by *LarsSandberg »

Thanks for the response, Lars. It seems, from your response and from their website, that MacroExpress offers no way to categorize the macros into groups of related macros (similar to the way one collects files into folders and subfolders, for ease of organization)?
In ME 3.4b, you can categorize via a subfolder like structure
Even though ME sounds very impressive (especially the IF THEN ELSE logic), it sounds like it might not be worth my work of converting existing macros, unless I misunderstand you
I understand, the converting would be manual, or for at start, ME could "capture", when AIM key plays, however, you surely still have to refine your macro via Scripting or Direct Editor
Best regards
Lars
LarsSandberg

Post by *LarsSandberg »

LarsSandberg : Nonono buzof has nothing to do with a macroprogram its just closing windows of any type that anoy you. you wont have to click on "your cd is successfully burnt "etc try it and you will not uninstall it.
Somehow I agree with you. If a user doesn't have ME, then buzof according to the description on their website, seems to be a nice utility. However for users having ME like you and I, I consider it as a much better choice to let ME do the job, without buying another utility for 15 USD.

By the way, in some cases I use ME's Direct Editor for programming, combined with UltraEdit (because of editing possibilities), instead of Scripting Editor.

As you so nicely illustrate, ME is extremely powerfull, it is so nice automate annoying tasks :-)
Best regards
Lars
LarsSandberg

Post by *LarsSandberg »

BTW I tried to copy and paste your macro into the DirectEditor, but since it contains nonAscii characters, it doesnt work
SanskritFritz. Here I use UltraEdit ( http://www.idmcomp.com ) for refining the code. The problem is when you copy from the website here, the code can consist of additional unwanted CR/LF + spaces. These can be shown in UltraEdit via ascii-coding or HEX if you prefer, UE can the trim these away. Now you can copy to ME's Direct Editor
Best regards
Lars
LarsSandberg

Post by *LarsSandberg »

Christian Ghisler:
Btw, I've been a registered Macro Express user for many years!
It is truly a "nice must have utility", like your TC :wink:
Best regards
Lars
jdmarch

Post by *jdmarch »

> In ME 3.4b, you can categorize via a subfolder like structure

Excellent! In that case I'll definitely have a look at it.

Thanks.
jdmarch

Post by *jdmarch »

> Please, remember that the <RETURN> key exists!

I'm puzzled. Usually, text in this forum auto-wraps to the browser window.
But occasionally in the last few days I've noticed that it does not wrap -
I assume that's what you are referring to, Clo.

Even in this case, I can sometimes get it to wrap by resizing the browser
window.

I wonder, is there a new bug in the PHP code or in the PHP engine?

Jonathan
Clo

Don't worry...

Post by *Clo »

2jdmarch
:D Don't worry! It was with a pinch of humour too!
:? But you're right: the forum works sometimes pretty bad, hence I lost some long messages :evil:
:roll: So, I patched this editor (having some amazing features...), and you can really use it for free. Here, the edit-fields work fancy, it's very irritating...
:cry: Moreover, some mini-crashes occur sometimes...
:) Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
Last edited by Clo on 2004-01-09, 19:57 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
drpiety

Post by *drpiety »

hmm could someone open a site where we can post our macros or can we open a ME thread here mr. gishler ? I have some really complex ones and I am really interested in ideas of ME usage of other users.

For example I built a macro that scans the incoming folder of emule and moves the files away when complete in folders according to their names for example series and so on. Some people say its a tool not to upload files but I think thats not true I simply do not like to upload complete files my upload is still 20kb/sec constant like this also.

if someone is interested in exchanging macros just email me or find a way to post ?
drpiety

Post by *drpiety »

other best tools in my opinion:

best crypt : drive encryption better than drive crypt (lost a container once, not funny)

Ultramon : two monitor tool

Daemontools: iso mounter

netpersec: internet speed tool (looking for a good one that monitors longer interval)

trillian: combines ICQ AOL MSN Yahoo

objectdock: best lauch toolbar at least it looks like the Mac toolbar that zooms in out look/feels fantastic

Buzof did i mention this one = :D

outpost firewall (agnitum): emule and use scanlist without having processor burning up.

zoomplayer: nicely configurable

other opinions accepted :)
LarsSandberg

Post by *LarsSandberg »

drpiety:
hmm could someone open a site where we can post our macros or can we open a ME thread here mr. gishler ? I have some really complex ones and I am really interested in ideas of ME usage of other users.
Hi, drpiety, it's a good idea, with a forum for nice to have tools like ME.
However in addition, the inventors of ME has their own usenet-server (use Outlook Express or a better news-reader) the adress for the server:

Code: Select all

pgmacros.apk.net
and the group with +1.400 posts, related to ME:

Code: Select all

Public.MacroExpress3
Best regards
Lars
drpiety

Post by *drpiety »

great, thanks did not know that..