Useful 3rd party tools to complement TC

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

Hej icfu my man....

... found any new programs ?
We are not doing this just for the money.
We are doing it for sh*t load of money.

r-moth.com
r-moth.deviantart.com
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Permanently, my young Jedi.

RegDelNull scans the registry for entries that cannot be deleted with normal registry editors.

DriveImage XML 1.00 is a (currently) freeware imaging app like Ghost that can also be integrated in BartPE.

Icfu
Last edited by icfu on 2005-12-03, 13:42 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
This account is for sale
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

There has been a "/url]" thingy left in the link, the working link is:
RegDelNull

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

not bad... It can be helpfull

r-moth.com
r-moth.deviantart.com
ggggnnnn

Post by *ggggnnnn »

Trashreg
http://www.databack4u.com/snc/rtkf_eng.html

can also delete hidden registry keys for those looking for something with a gui.
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

This utility may have a GUI but it does something completely different, has nothing to do with "undeletable" keys at all. It tries to find and eliminate "trash keys" which in fact are mostly shareware time counters...

Icfu
This account is for sale
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

ICFU, I must tell you that I am very happy that you do all this. I beleive that your taste on good programs is excelent so I am sure I am not going to waste time with some complete garbage.

Try some of those:
BananaSplit ~ 80 K
Split file into images. You can put those files on net to be downloaded and nobody will know that they are archive parts

PopSel ~ 40K
offers a pop-up menu to launch programs. This one is cool since it is a normal windows popup menu wich can be called with custom items in ini file. U can supply different ini as an argument to display something else. Preaty useful if you ask me.

PowerMenu ~ 50 K
add ontop, transparency... in system menu

Hidden ~ 19 K
Run program hidden (with arguments)

RTR's Super ReadyPak
Linux shell tools on Windows: cat, mkdir, grep, gawk, tr, tail... everything

r-moth.com
r-moth.deviantart.com
ggggnnnn

Post by *ggggnnnn »

As I said,it can "also" find undeletable keys and delete them(it's only been added in the latest version).
It's primary function is registration counters but most of the new ones need a donation to the author (so the program is basically shareware :twisted: ) . You can leave the registration counters if morally challenged (one of the most common function of undeletable keys is registration counters anyway).
Sam_Zen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sam_Zen »

Audio :
JetAudio basic is not only a free audio-player, but also has tools for cd-ripping, conversion, and cd-burning. With a very convenient total volume pot during playback.
It also handles multi-channel wavs, as well as the OGG and FLAC extensions. Which both are open-source-formats.

A related item :
The TC content-plugin AudioInfo content plugin 1.3.1 .
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

@ggggnnnn:
I have tried the new version 3.70 SR1 with no success concerning undeletable keys, it doesn't find them.
Try it yourself, create such a key with RegHide and kill the RegHide task before pressing OK, then try to find the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Systems Internals\Can't touch me! with RTKF.

@majkinetor:
Links would be helpful in this thread.... ;)
Well, PowerMenu has already been mentioned, actually I have replaced it with DlgXRSizer – which also does some nice stuff with open/save dialog – and the excellent DM2.
Functionality of Hidden you have with NirSoft nircmd or CMDOW, both tiny utilities with much more functionality.
Up to date GNU stuff for windows you find at GnuWin32 site, several hundred applications, the most common ones are concentrated in several "Utils" packages.
Instead of PopSel try RUNit, menuApp or ShortPopUp. Personally I don't start programs with popups anymore but by console aliases using TypeAndRun. AutoHotkey can be used to create menus, aliases and stuff like that too and as it runs anyway...
BananaSplit I haven't found, only some $15 shareware BananaSplitter.

Icfu
This account is for sale
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

@ icfu
cmdow
it doesn't hide always and it is console tool, hidden is not.
cmdow is very useful console app otherwise. If you like cmdow, try my console app GuiBox (simtel, ~70). You can create some dialog types directly from console and obtain input. Different dialogs can communicate between itself. It is small, fast, and doesn't use memory at all. It has dozens of parameters for customization. Some usage:
set | GuiBox "/B /W500 /M40 /L=" list - "System variables:" Name Value
echo This isn't for your eyes | Guibox thinger /P2 - -

RUNit
I have this one too, not bad...i neede something even more simple, like PopSel.

BananaSplit can't be found anymore but I will upload my copy to my server when my provider choose to active my account.

I will try those little tools you mentioned. Thanks for GnuWin32... I was killing myself to find good AWK one day
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

I am impressed with NirSoft. I never seen so long list of freeware utilities from one developer (one man ?). All is cool, but NirCmd is very very cool. I respect developers who do it all in one tiny place :)

r-moth.com
r-moth.deviantart.com
TucknDar

Post by *TucknDar »

majkinetor: As icfu said, please include links for your recommended apps ;)
license #76904
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

use Google.
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

HEJ ICFU.

While I was looking DM2 I figure out that it is made by my lost friend weird173. This guy is also from Belgrade and I hadmeetings with him about some password cracking in Windows before 6 years. I didn't know what's going on with that guy until you point me to DM2. Interesting....

Also, Actions doesn't work with my WindowBlinds... that is, they wok, but doesn't like it should do until I turn of WB. Have simialr problems ?
Its good it is open source, it needs some little interventions: icons in favorites most notably (like autodialogs) , better action handling (that list is disaster), it doesn't handle all windows nor titlebar.
Last edited by majkinetor on 2005-12-05, 10:22 UTC, edited 1 time in total.