Problem with iso-plugin in combination with 7zip plugin and.

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

guent peer

Problem with iso-plugin in combination with 7zip plugin and.

Post by *guent peer »

2authors

There might be a problem of your plugins with the new in totalcmd 7 beta 4 implemented function
06.02.07 Added: Button bar/Start menu: cd c:\path\filename.ext switches to c:\path\ and positions cursor on filename.ext (except for archives, which are opened as before)
See also http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=14087&start=60

Edit: I have to remove either the iso-plugin or the 7zip plugin to get the new feature working. On the other hand, on a clean install with both the iso as well as the 7zip-plugin everything works as it should :roll:

Therefore a forth plugin is possibly interacting.
m^2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *m^2 »

Maybe it's not a matter of 4+ plugins but configuration?
guent peer

Post by *guent peer »

Also a possibility. Unfortunately, my TC configuration is too far away from a clean install to find the problem in short time. I'm going to try to modify the clean install step by step and hopefully find out what the problem is. On the other hand, it is strange, why the removement of either the iso or the 7zip plugin solves the issue, when it is a configuration problem.... :?
m^2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *m^2 »

Make just one test. Take a clean installation and add to it all your plugins. If it works - it's something with config. If it's not - it's not.
guent peer

Post by *guent peer »

I will try that. However, it will take some time (I just counted them: more than 40 plugins :shock: ).
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

There might be a problem of your plugins with the new in totalcmd 7 beta 4 implemented function
06.02.07 Added: Button bar/Start menu: cd c:\path\filename.ext switches to c:\path\ and positions cursor on filename.ext (except for archives, which are opened as before)
The function
cd c:\path\filename.ext
already existed in earlier versions of TC, but only for archives and packer plugins. I'm sure that you will get the same error from the older TC versions if you use this command with the same file.

I guess that the ISO plugin simply tries to treat the file as an ISO file, but fails and doesn't handle the error.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
guent peer

Post by *guent peer »

Horst.Epp just found out that also the removement of the fhRAR plugin instead of the iso or the 7zip plugin can solve the problem.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I guess that one of the plugins called BEFORE this plugin locks the file, and then the plugins following after it cannot open the file. Maybe fhRAR locks the file and iso cannot open it, or the other way round?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
guent peer

Post by *guent peer »

After some time I noticed that there was a little change in the behavior, probably due to RC4 (unfortunately I cannot be more precise). Now only the removement of fhRAR solves the issue. So it seems that indeed fhRAR is the plugin to blame.