multi2x

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ND

multi2x

Post by *ND »

Is there any way to assign multiple actions to single button in the button bar or entry in the menu? I'm not talking about external programs (where I can craft a batch file for that), but internal commands.

In particular I'm interested in a quick way to toggle on/off many visualization items together (status bar, function keys bar, drives combo, drive buttons, the button bar, etc..., cm_Maximize, ...)

This I need for temporarily increasing the visible space of the files list. I'm interested in height, not width (which I could do by e.g. show vertical arrangement).
aNDreas Bolotă
The truth always carries the ambiguity of the words used to express it. (Frank Herbert, God Emperor of Dune)
m^2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *m^2 »

http://en.totalcmd.pl/download/add/Add/TC_Multiple_Commands
It's external tool that works with TC's internal commands.
ND

Post by *ND »

Thank you m^2, the tool works perfectly for me.
I'll have to visit totalcmd.pl more often (in fact I've just bookmarked the site).
aNDreas Bolotă
The truth always carries the ambiguity of the words used to express it. (Frank Herbert, God Emperor of Dune)
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
ND

Post by *ND »

Thanks SanskritFritz. I haven't used AHK so far because I didn't need anything automated, but this might change in the future.

In this particular case (multiple commands), I prefer the solution with TCMC rather than AHK compiled script because of exe file sizes (2.9 KB vs. 190 KB): more room for other tiny tools on my USB stick.
aNDreas Bolotă