Feature req: re-upload changed file to the ftp server

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

It is already on my wish list, I'm just looking for a way to offer this feature to users so it can be found by those who need it, but doesn't annoy those who do not need it...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

2ghisler(Author)
Can we please discuss your ideas here, before you implement them? This way everyone can make sure they had their 2 cents :-)
I vote for a completely silent update of changed files on the server. Just as if i edited the file locally.
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
rojer_31

Apply KISS

Post by *rojer_31 »

SanskritFritz wrote:2ghisler(Author)
Can we please discuss your ideas here, before you implement them? This way everyone can make sure they had their 2 cents :-)
I vote for a completely silent update of changed files on the server. Just as if i edited the file locally.
support++

This is not something new either. For eg, I constantly use Winscp, which has such an option. Simply place an option which says that the editor you've specified is a multitabbed one. Simple and good.

For those 'weird' users who subsist on too many config options, you can have a few optional hidden config in the ini file :)
Visit bootcd.us!
jackhab

Post by *jackhab »

I switched from Far to TC not a long time ago.
Far has this auto-upload feature and it's incredibly convenient.
ezuk

Post by *ezuk »

++Support

This is a much, much needed feature for me. I'm going to check out FAR now because it has it... I hope TC would have it too someday.