FTP session name in Password dialog box title

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Hacker

FTP session name in Password dialog box title

Post by *Hacker »

Hi Christian and *.*,
I could swear I have seen a feature request about this before, but could not find it.

So anyways, would it be possible to add the FTP session name in the title of the password dialog? This way one could auto-fill the password from a password manager.

For Ctrl-N, the whole URL could be used, or the server name only, I haven't really thought about (dis-)advantages of each approach in this case.

Thanks
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

That's indeed a very good idea! I will add it to my to do list, shouldn't be too difficult to add.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

2ghisler(Author)

:D Thanks!
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Yes, thank you very much! :)

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I have just added it for the user name and password dialogs, but need your feedback now: Currently it shows just the session name of the stored session in the title, nothing else - it's the same for user name and password, and proxy user name and password. How should I differ the title between user name, password etc. so your password manager can recognize it?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

FTP Username (SESSION_NAME)
FTP Password (SESSION_NAME)
FTP Proxy Username (SESSION_NAME) - (PROXY_NAME)
FTP Proxy Password (SESSION_NAME) - (PROXY_NAME)

Hopefully this will be OK (also for other users). I guess I will be able to say more during the beta test (I hope it's not difficult to change in case I or someone else find some problem).

HTH
Roman
Hacker

Re: FTP session name in Password dialog box title

Post by *Hacker »

Hacker wrote:I could swear I have seen a feature request about this before, but could not find it.
I knew it!
[REQ] Titel bei FTP Passwort-Dialog individuell benennen
:)

Roman