This forum uses cookies. Click X button to hide this message. What is stored? 
Total Commander Forum Index Total Commander
Forum - Public Discussion and Support

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

7Zip Plugin Continued ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Total Commander Forum Index -> Plugins and addons: devel.+support (English) Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dllee

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I'm too busy these days, but I'm still using TC & 7Zip plugin almost every day Very Happy

2franziscko

I had tried to use the 7Zip 9.22, but it can not upgrade directly.
So, currently 7zip Plugin is still using the code of 7Zip 9.20.
Maybe when 7Zip has a new stable version, I will try to update the plugin.

2sam5 and gora

I suggest you using Total7Zip for other archives, I use Total7Zip too.

2MaxX

Today, after I checked this thread, I tried to abort 7zip plugin processing when unload plugins (via DllMain case DLL_PROCESS_DETACH), the 7zip plugin stopped and return the request of DLL_PROCESS_DETACH for dll unload, but the dialog of TC for archive plugins was still there (background process dialog). I think, there should be a lot of code need to add to TC to prevent this problem, but this is just making the code hard to maintain. And I think it is not worth.
So, please take ghisler(Author) and MVV's advice to avoid the problem. Or using Total7Zip ( again Razz ) to avoid the problem.

2Evds

When you pack a large set of files, the plugin will gather the file information, like filename and filesize, to build a file list, and then pack each file from the list.
Current version can only let you do abort or background after the file list is built.
I will check if it is possible to let you do abort or background immediately.
gora

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dllee wrote:

I suggest you using Total7Zip for other archives, I use Total7Zip too.
Total7Zip does not work in x64 TC. It is not suitable for me
tools400

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this is a stupid question but how can one open the configuration dialog of the 7zip plugin? I just installed v0.7.6.5a of the plugin but I cannot find the configuration dialog which is shown on the download page of the plugin at "totalcmd_net".
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2tools400
You configure it in the Pack files dialog.

Select the files you want to pack and press Alt+F5. In the "Packer" section select the radio buton that has a -> next to it. Then select 7z in the drop down list. Now click the button "Configure..." and the configuration dialog for 7zip should pop up.
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 9.12 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit, Win 7, 8.1 & 10 64bit. TC 2.90 on Android 6.0

Get Extended Total Commander Menus
MaxX
Power Member
Power Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2gora
Check the russian forum (I've seen you there too) for the topic about MultiArc64. Some user found solution there.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxX,
I think it is better to post direct link to forum post instead of just mentioning it.

Currently Multiarc x64 is the only way to use 7z.dll on TCx64. But it should be noticed that direct plugin is much faster than Multiarc and supports Unicode paths, also I can't guarantee that Multiarc x64 is error-free.
tools400

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much. Things are clear, now.

petermad wrote:
2tools400

Select the files you want to pack and press Alt+F5. In the "Packer" section select the radio buton that has a -> next to it. Then select 7z in the drop down list. Now click the button "Configure..." and the configuration dialog for 7zip should pop up.
MaxX
Power Member
Power Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MVV wrote:
I think it is better to post direct link to forum post instead of just mentioning it.
That's it. I had just had not time to find it when was writing my post...
ace960

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

petermad wrote:
2tools400

Hello, I know this is quite old message. Anyway, is there a way how to keep the last used configuration of 7zip plugin? It returns to default one everytime I want to use it. I mostly use LZMA2 at Ultra with some specific settings to fit to RAM so I would appreciate if it remembers the last used setting like 7-zip GUI does. I found out that the setting is stored in c:\Program Files\totalcmd\plugins\wcx\7zip\7zip.ini but "keep last" would be fine. Hopefully, it can be added when there is new release of 7zip plugin when the next stable 7zip is released Smile
log53

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:50 am    Post subject: 7zip.ini syntax Reply with quote

ace960 wrote:
petermad wrote:
2tools400

Hello, I know this is quite old message. Anyway, is there a way how to keep the last used configuration of 7zip plugin? It returns to default one everytime I want to use it. I mostly use LZMA2 at Ultra with some specific settings to fit to RAM so I would appreciate if it remembers the last used setting like 7-zip GUI does. I found out that the setting is stored in c:\Program Files\totalcmd\plugins\wcx\7zip\7zip.ini but "keep last" would be fine. Hopefully, it can be added when there is new release of 7zip plugin when the next stable 7zip is released Smile

Hi all,
I presume this .ini file can be manually modified for the ALT+F5 dialog to use it, which IMHO sufficiently bypasses the need for a "Keep last" setting, however, is there any list of values that can be used in this INI file?
The context menu command "Add to archive..." clearly does not use this file as it does not change if I modify the compression settings in the "Add to archive..." dialog window.
Some of the values are clear to read, however I am a bit confused about the others as they do not exactly comply to what is shows in the ALT+F5 Configure dialog.
This is what my INI and dialog look like:

[settings]
Password=
CompMethod=1
CompLevel=5
DictSize=8388608
WordSize=64
SolidBlock=28
Flags=5368
NumThreads=1
DeflateNumPasses=1
SFXModule=7z.9.20.sfx
SFXIconFile=
SFXIconIndex=0

i40.tinypic[dot]com/2vc9jm9.jpg (sorry not allowed to post links as a neewbie)

Hope this has not been covered elsewhere, I tried to search without success.
Many thanks!
xpk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:22 am    Post subject: Delta filter support Reply with quote

Hello,
I just discovered bug in this wcx_7zip plugin. It throws error when trying to decompress files with delta filter. Delta filter is supported in 7-zip since version 9.x, and since 15.x it is used by default for WAV files, which is making this bug progressively more apparent nuisance. As this plugin is based on 7-zip 9.20, the needed support should already be there so this looks only like a small bug Smile

I really like this plugin. Can anyone fix this please?
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Delta filter support Reply with quote

xpk wrote:
Hello,
I just discovered bug in this wcx_7zip plugin. It throws error when trying to decompress files with delta filter. Delta filter is supported in 7-zip since version 9.x, and since 15.x it is used by default for WAV files, which is making this bug progressively more apparent nuisance. As this plugin is based on 7-zip 9.20, the needed support should already be there so this looks only like a small bug Smile

I really like this plugin. Can anyone fix this please?

Why don't you use the Total7zip plugin ?
This allows you to use all features and formats of any installed 7-zip version.
I use it together with the 15.06 version.
I have changed the plugin config to point to the 7-zip installation.
xpk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:23 am    Post subject: Re: Delta filter support Reply with quote

Horst.Epp wrote:

Why don't you use the Total7zip plugin ?

Hello Horst,
thanks for the suggestion. I have discarded Total7zip as a viable path about 5 years ago because of some important issues, which I dont remember exactly. It might have been something like not storing folder timestamps, missing or bad x64 support or lockups with large amounth of archived files or something else. On ghisler com/plugins.htm it is still recommended to use this 7zip plugin for x64. Anyway, I will test Total7zip again when I have time.
Axis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: Delta filter support Reply with quote

xpk wrote:
On ghisler com/plugins.htm it is still recommended to use this 7zip plugin for x64

You're right, I didn't notice it Confused : Is there something wrong with Total7zip 64bit?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had problems with timestamps (if I remember correctly) and archives taken over by the plugin, so I recommended wcx_7zip because it is focused on 7zip only and works very well for me. As you discovered, 7zip is constantly evolving, so any unpacker can get quickly out of order.

Btw, where can I find a sample archive with this "Delta filter"?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Total Commander Forum Index -> Plugins and addons: devel.+support (English) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 27 of 30

Jump to: