New SFTP plugin available now

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Indeed the ini is put in the directory as the wincmd.ini.

Try putting these dlls in the Total Commander directory instead of the plugin directory. Only these dlls are needed:

libeay32.dll
libssh2.dll
ssleay32.dll
zlib1.dll
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Thany

Post by *Thany »

Is that to say the plugin's way of telling me it can't find the dlls is to do absolutely nothing? Kinda strange. Please consider displaying a proper error message (with solution of course).

If it can't find the dlls in whatever place it searches for them, I would very much like for it to tell me, so I don't have to assume the whole plugin is broken ;)
CoolWater
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *CoolWater »

There seems to be a (critical?) bug in sftp plugin when inline renaming/moving (Shift+F6) multiple files to a different directory. It doesn't matter if "SCP only" is activated or not. Steps to reproduce (on remote side of course):

- go to a folder and create a subfolder, folder name is not relevant. (here: /mnt/usb/Test/1)
- copy some files to the newly created folder
- select at least 2 files and press shift+F6 (inline renaming)
- new destination: ../*.* (which is in my case: /mnt/usb/Test)

all moved files will have a wrong filename (a, v, p, etc.). I also observed that some files disappeared totally, i.e. nether existing in orginal folder nor in destination folder! I.e. this seems to happen when selecting 5 files. Here, only 3 files will be moved, with wrong name as stated above. The other 2 files disappeared.

Maybe the path length is relevant, too.

Quite critical i think..

Regards
CoolWater
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Did you enter that relative path with .. yourself? Currently it depends entirely on the server what will happen with the names. I will check whether I could parse that already in the plugin.
CoolWater
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *CoolWater »

2ghisler(Author)

yes, default is *.*

I wanted to move some files one level higher, therefore I added "../" infront.
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

<ignore this problem report or read it for your entertainment only>

Hi, folks.

I am using T.C. 8.52a 32+64-bit. And today I updated my T.C. SFTP plugin to the version 1.4.2. At the same time I updated the needed curl DLLs (32+64-bit) to 7.40 as explained on the SFTP 1.4.2 download page.

[Change 19:00]
Have to withdraw my previous statements. It is much worse than reported here earlier: T.C. 8.52a 64-bit plus SFTP 1.4.2 plus curllibs 7.40 will lead to a T.C. crash everytime that SFTP is launched on this system here.
The success that I had reported earlier was actually achieved by accidentally running T.C. 8.51a 64-bit , SFTP 1.2, Curllibs 7.23.1 :oops:

[Change 19:30]
OK, reverted back to where I came from:
TC 8.52a 32+64 bit uses SFTP 1.2 plus Curllibs 7.23.1 and all is well, no matter whether T.C. 8.52a 32-bit is used or T.C. 8.52a 64-bit.

Conclusion:
Sometimes the old proverb simply applies: "Never touch a running system." :wink:

Cheers,
Karl
--
Folder structure:
[face=courier]C:\Totalcmd ----------------------> T.C. 8.52a 32+64-bit
C:\Totalcmd\Plugins
C:\Totalcmd\Plugins\SFTP ---------> sftp plugin 1.2 + 32-bit curl 7.23.1 DLLs
C:\Totalcmd\Plugins\SFTP\X64 -----> 64-bit curl DLLs 7.23.1
[/face]

</ignore this problem report or read it for your entertainment only>
Last edited by karlchen on 2015-10-10, 17:32 UTC, edited 3 times in total.
CoolWater
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *CoolWater »

2ghisler(Author)

now I had a look at the log file. The bug seems to be in the plugin since the wrong path occurs already in the log file before mv is executed:

Code: Select all

Umbenennen von: \mnt\usb\Test\1\Signatur.htm
Umbenennen nach:\mnt\usb\Test\1\../m
Quote: mv /mnt/usb/Test/1/Signatur.htm /mnt/usb/Test/1/../m
It seems that only the last letter of the original filename is taken as new filename.
drac

Post by *drac »

karlchen wrote:<ignore this problem report or read it for your entertainment only>

Hi, folks.

I am using T.C. 8.52a 32+64-bit. And today I updated my T.C. SFTP plugin to the version 1.4.2. At the same time I updated the needed curl DLLs (32+64-bit) to 7.40 as explained on the SFTP 1.4.2 download page.

[Change 19:00]
Have to withdraw my previous statements. It is much worse than reported here earlier: T.C. 8.52a 64-bit plus SFTP 1.4.2 plus curllibs 7.40 will lead to a T.C. crash everytime that SFTP is launched on this system here.
The success that I had reported earlier was actually achieved by accidentally running T.C. 8.51a 64-bit , SFTP 1.2, Curllibs 7.23.1 :oops:

[Change 19:30]
OK, reverted back to where I came from:
TC 8.52a 32+64 bit uses SFTP 1.2 plus Curllibs 7.23.1 and all is well, no matter whether T.C. 8.52a 32-bit is used or T.C. 8.52a 64-bit.

Conclusion:
Sometimes the old proverb simply applies: "Never touch a running system." :wink:

Cheers,
Karl
--
Folder structure:
[face=courier]C:\Totalcmd ----------------------> T.C. 8.52a 32+64-bit
C:\Totalcmd\Plugins
C:\Totalcmd\Plugins\SFTP ---------> sftp plugin 1.2 + 32-bit curl 7.23.1 DLLs
C:\Totalcmd\Plugins\SFTP\X64 -----> 64-bit curl DLLs 7.23.1
[/face]

</ignore this problem report or read it for your entertainment only>
Or you could use the sftp plugin compiled with dependencies in. Should work out of the box :)
zbatia

Post by *zbatia »

I have tried various files from download but the installation instruction is very fuzzy not to mention Putty that mixes up the installation idea. I was not able to connect to my site. The connection bar looks funny... it goes in circles: starts, moves to the right then goes back and starts over endlessly.
The Cyber Teacher
www.800-webdesign.com
sybariten

Post by *sybariten »

Hi
First of all thanks for a great piece of software.

I have converted to a 64 bits TC now. I'm on Win7. However i cant make the sftp plugin work. I have it installed now but whenever i try to connect to a host i get the dll complaint.
I have installed the two dlls from curl-7.40.0-devel-mingw64 into both the plugins\sftpplug dir as well as total commanders own dir.
Any ideas?
magz

Post by *magz »

sybariten wrote:I have converted to a 64 bits TC now. I'm on Win7. However i cant make the sftp plugin work. I have it installed now but whenever i try to connect to a host i get the dll complaint.
I have installed the two dlls from curl-7.40.0-devel-mingw64 into both the plugins\sftpplug dir as well as total commanders own dir.
Any ideas?
There are no sftp sites I use atm. but I have sftp plugin installed and the X86 dll's in the plugin folder, the X64 dll's in a folder named "64" in the plugin folder, like such:
totalcmd\Plugins\WFX\sftpplug\64\

These dll's:
libeay32.dll
libssh2.dll
zlib1.dll

I haven't really tested this properly, but I think I read from the OP that was the way to do it.
CoolWater
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *CoolWater »

2ghisler(Author)

any news concerning this bug I mentioned?

Regards
CoolWater
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry, using ".." is currently not supported.
CoolWater
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *CoolWater »

2ghisler(Author)

then you should disable this function since it can cause data loss.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

How could I disable it if the user enters it? It's passed like this to the server, but some servers fail to handle it correctly.