Ann: POP3/SMTP EmailPlugin 1.2 released!

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

sybariten

Post by *sybariten »

André Martin wrote:p
Currently I'm trying to implement TLS/SSL support in order to increase security and privacy.p
So ... any news on this? (good or bad)
Hammillian7

Handling multiple mailboxes

Post by *Hammillian7 »

2 André Martin:

Hope it went well to you in the States! ... and also it let you some spare time to continue your useful work with the POP3 plugin.

Looking for the so expected next version, I've read in your POP3 PLUGIN page something related with one feature I suggested: the simultaneous handling of multiple mailboxes:
From http://www.acd-group.com/Softwaredevelopment/POP3Plugin/ wrote: "... You can compare and search the contents of mails from multiple mailboxes or download all your mails from all mailboxes in one step."
Can you (or anybody knowing it) explain how to do it, please?

Thanks and regards.
André Martin

Post by *André Martin »

2 sybariten:
Both, good and bad:
The plugin used some parts of the "Indy.Sockets" libraries. About one year ago the Indy developers released a new version with built in SSL support (openSSL) but the libraries are still incompatible with C++ Builder 6, the version I'm using currently.
So I have two options: Using the old version and leave out the SSL support for now or incorporate the openSSL myself. I tend to do the first way and release a version with bugfixes and the HTTP proxy support.

2 Hammillian7:
TC supports "Search"/"Find files" also for FS plugins. Since this plugin is a FS plugin, you can search for a messages containing a special phrase etc. Just open your maibox and click on "Commands/Search" and search for whatever you want...
Even the synchronize feature works with FS plugins.
Hope this answers your question?!?
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

2 André Martin

Would it be possible to update the file time of the pop3 file after each successful access of the mail account (using the POP3 plugin as packer) to avoid archive auto caching according to http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=86219#86219?

Thank you,
tbeu
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
André Martin

Post by *André Martin »

2tbeu
Why don't you use the filesystem version of this plugin? The packer plugin extension was made only for compatibilty reasons with very old versions of TC with no FS plugin support.
The FS version has more features and is alot easier to handle. So I highly recommend to use the FS version instead, if you use the latest version of TC.
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Why don't you use the filesystem version of this plugin?
Since I sometimes need to press the Disconnect button three times in a row. This is less convenient for me. Furthermore, I see an authorization failed error using the wfx but everything is fine with wcx.

It is just a small wish.

Thanks from tbeu
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
André Martin

Post by *André Martin »

2tbeu
Yepp, the Disconnect issue has been discussed several times already...
Actually the code which is used for authorization is exactly the same as in the FS version. Which error do you get exactly? Please mail to: andre@acd-group.com
Thx in advance!
Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]On 10-04-2006 00:29:52 +0000 André Martin wrote:

Hi Andrew, nice to hear from you :).

AM> I tend to do the first way and release a version with bugfixes
AM> and the HTTP proxy support.

Is it already available?[/face]
pajo

Post by *pajo »

2Author

When we will see new version :-)?
Hammillian7

Another C compiler and accessing several mailboxes

Post by *Hammillian7 »

2 André

Thanks for replying. I didn't answer this 'till now because I didn't receive the reply advise msg from the forum.
André Martin wrote:2 sybariten:
Both, good and bad:
... the libraries are still incompatible with C++ Builder 6, ...
So I have two options: Using the old version and leave out the SSL support for now or incorporate the openSSL myself. I tend to do the first way and release a version with bugfixes and the HTTP proxy support.
Wouldn't it be another option using a different C compiler (maybe Ms VS 6?) with which the libraries are compatible?. Lots of users would thank you for that.
2 Hammillian7:
TC supports "Search"/"Find files" also for FS plugins. Since this plugin is a FS plugin, you can search for a messages containing a special phrase etc. Just open your maibox and click on "Commands/Search" and search for whatever you want...
Even the synchronize feature works with FS plugins.
Hope this answers your question?!?

Not exactly: I was refering to accessing messages from several boxes simultaneously.

I've tried Command/search from the view where I see several boxes but it only returns the boxes names themselves.

Thanks and keep on the good work!.
Hammillian7

Re: Rqsts: MultiPop folders and Disablability of mail refres

Post by *Hammillian7 »

2André Martin:
Hammillian7 wrote:2André Martin:

2.- One thing that disturbs me (because I keep many mails in my servers, to be able to access them from several locations) is that the plugin refreshes the mail list on many operations. For some of those operations it doesn't seem necessary (ex: when unselecting items, when switching Tabs). For other operations (like after deletion of some headers) refreshing really is the correct secure thing to do to avoid errors; but I'd very much prefer to get an error if I try to download a previously deleted header that has not been taken out of the list than to have to wait for my header list to refresh each time I delete one. I'd rather manually refresh when I considered needed with Ctl-R (or the defined keyboard assigned to TC refreshing).

So, couldn't you leave as default the refreshing behaviour as it is now (for the "cautious" user), but offer to us, hurried up and "adventurous" users, the option to disable auto-refreshing? ...
André, now that you're back, any possibility about the request of mine I once posted you?

Thank you.
PyTyus

decode forgotten password from fsplugin.ini

Post by *PyTyus »

I have been using this great plugin for so long that I had forgotten my password. Now I need to login via the web interface to change some settings but cannot recall the password.
My chance is to reveal it from my fsplugin.ini where it's encoded. I have seen that some people here now how to decode the password from the ini file. Anyone can give me a hint on that? Please?
patxiku

Re: decode forgotten password from fsplugin.ini

Post by *patxiku »

2 PyTyus:
PyTyus wrote:I have been using this great plugin for so long that I had forgotten my password. Now I need to login via the web interface to change some settings but cannot recall the password.
My chance is to reveal it from my fsplugin.ini where it's encoded. I have seen that some people here now how to decode the password from the ini file. Anyone can give me a hint on that? Please?
You must select Network Neigborhood in the Drive selection list by pressing Alt-F1 or Alt-F2. There will be an item called POP3-SMTP Connections. Double click on it for seeing your(s) connection(s). Then click with the mouse right button for changing your connection's properties.

Your password will be hidden by asterisks, but no problem, there are a lot of freeware passwords revealers. For example this.
PyTyus

Re: decode forgotten password from fsplugin.ini

Post by *PyTyus »

2 patxiku:

Thanks a lot! I used the password revealers before, but I didn't know I can go back to the input wizard using the properties. I have got my password back now. Really appreciate your help.
Kowa1

Post by *Kowa1 »

I still receive this message and I do not know why.
In order to try to prevent spammers, we do not allow our users to post URLs in any form until they have posted at least 1 legitimate posts and have been with us for more than 3 days. We appreciate your understanding in this matter in order to help us eliminate spam from this forum. If you have somehow gotten this message even though you meet both of the criteria, please let us know ASAP.

Thanks!
So I must send this post to get a chance to sen this one proper.
Last edited by Kowa1 on 2008-03-19, 17:29 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Are 10 kind of people. They which know binary system and they which don't know.