TimeAdjust - change or copy file dates/times

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

StatusQuo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StatusQuo »

Version 1.00 final is ready now, link in initial post is updated.

Now every combination of parameters works stable (according to my tests).
Additionally file date/time before and after change can be output for logging (/ShowTimeStamp).

Have fun. :)
Who the hell is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?
-- TC starter menu: Fast yet descriptive command access!
Vochomurka
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Vochomurka »

CopyDate and BatchCopyDate scripts are enough for me. Although the more tools, the wider choice.
Single user license #329241
PowerPro scripts for Total Commander
StatusQuo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StatusQuo »

2Vochomurka
Thanks for the links. TimeAdj has 2 additional features:
- also incremental change of date/time
- batch-friendly output of file date/time allows storing/restoring the time stamp or using it in another way

The second one can be used in a batch to copy/import changed file versions without changing the existing target file's time stamp (CopyKeepDate).
Vochomurka
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Vochomurka »

- batch-friendly output of file date/time allows storing/restoring the time stamp or using it in another way
1) I can hardly imagine when to use it. Except the case of the wrong date setting in a camera. For example, I set today's date as 23.08.2009, and then I have to shift all dates by exactly one month back. Am I right? Are other cases when a fixed date/time shift is useful?
2) Do you mean something like this?
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

2Vochomurka

The nice thing is we don't have to install PPro to use this. ;)
chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

How do I un-overwrite all my data?

User of Total Commander
#60471 Single user license
Vochomurka
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Vochomurka »

For me it's opposite: I don't need to install some new app if I can just run a PPro script ;)
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

Vochomurka wrote:For me it's opposite: I don't need to install some new app if I can just run a PPro script ;)
+1 but powerpro is like TC, when you get it you get it almost naked... If people go to the Powerpro website it is not evident that the scripting language is up to date ;) (and far more advanced than ahk)...
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

nsp,
far more advanced than ahk
How does one measure that?

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

*Chuckle*
It's obvious Hacker. PPro is a 6.5 MB install (not including 0.5MB .chm) and AHK is only 1.4 MB (not including 1.0MB .chm). Thus PowerPro is more advanced.

Though, honestly I am a geek and fairly intelligent (for a dwarf). I installed PPro numerous times and spent hours on end with it to no avail. Yet with AHK -- there was little-to-no learning curve: Pick up and go + browse the robust help file when stuck.

If you need some kind of guru-masters-degree to grok what the Config GUI is then there's really something wrong with how the tool is presented.

PPro has a number of things built in to its on-screen menu -- that I am already able to do with a handful of programs that range from 15KB to 150KB's. I don't see anything that PPro does that can't be done with AHK, or that someone hasn't already written a script for (Along with some very arcane COM stuff).

I would hardly say AHK is more powerful or vica versa. An AHK install is barebones and you make it do what you want. PPro has a bunch of cruft that you may or may not want -- and if you want - then obviously not cruft.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Balderstrom,
I do not want to start a flame or get OT, just wondering how one measures the advanceness(?) of a programming language. Being object-oriented? Complex syntax? Being able to create a program that could not have been created in the other language? I do not know.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

Well I don't want to start one, Tools used are matter of choice/preference.
PPro learning curve and Config is difficult/overwhelming. It includes a lot of things pre-created for you (it's GUI always-on-top menu: launchers/window handling menus/etc). Thus you have a GUI tool to work with as opposed to the AHK blank slate. Yet as far as I can tell from analyzing PPro scripts vs AHK scripts that aspect is quite similiar with slightly different syntax.

PPro also messes with Tclock Light (TclockEx) task bar customization -- oddly enough not when it is running -- but after you exit from PPro... which raises some concerns on my end. Tclock needs to be completely re-initialized after exiting from PPro...
*BLINK* TC9 Added WM_COPYDATA and WM_USER queries for scripting.
StatusQuo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StatusQuo »

Vochomurka wrote:
1) I can hardly imagine when to use it. Except the case of the wrong date setting in a camera. For example, I set today's date as 23.08.2009, and then I have to shift all dates by exactly one month back. Am I right? Are other cases when a fixed date/time shift is useful?
2) Do you mean something like this?
1) The camera case is one usage example. I mainly use it for a batch tool (CopyKeepDate, needs some more tuning before release). After making minor changes to a lot of files I copy them back without changing their previous date information. But to notice they are newer/changed, TimeAdj adds 4 seconds to mark them as newer.
2) Similar. :) The file and date values are output to the console with uniform separators, so a simple FOR command in a batch file (CopyKeepDate) can easily read and use the information.
meril

Post by *meril »

Hello

I just installed the Total Commander 7.50 beta 8 and put the command in a button

Code: Select all

TimeAdj.exe  /LST  "%L"  "%T\"
But there isn't any results.

It shall copy of timestamps between two panels (with same files, folders, but without sync only in timestamps).
StatusQuo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StatusQuo »

2meril
Sorry, there was a mistake in my description: the parameters should be entered in TC's parameters field (otherwise TC doesn't expand %L and %T). This way it should work:

Code: Select all

Command   :  TimeAdj.exe
Parameters:  /LST  "%L"  "%T\" 
I updated the description in the tool and the initial post (with download link for v1.01 now).
Also I added a pause for this case to keep the window open and let users see the error message (** Error TimeAdj.exe: Unable to open listfile: "%L").

Thanks for your feedback. I hope this solves the problem?

P.S.: TC's current version is 7.50a, I would recommend to upgrade to take advantage of the implemented bugfixes.
Kowa1

Re: TimeAdjust - change or copy file dates/times

Post by *Kowa1 »

StatusQuo wrote:Since TC 7.50 you can use the context menu in TC's Synchronize tool (cm_FileSync) to copy date and time of files (without having to copy their content).
O yeah?!
So please write down how You do it.
Incredible!
No One can solve this bug?
Are 10 kind of people. They which know binary system and they which don't know.