Wishlist: Virtually Merged directories

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

KyleK

Wishlist: Virtually Merged directories

Post by *KyleK »

Hi there,

Some of you might know the ftp server program "RaidenFTPd" (www.raidenftpd.com). It's got a feature for a while now which is extremely useful, and today it hit me: It'd be absolultely great if that feature would be available for TotalCmd too. The thing is called "Virtually Merged Partitions (VMP)" and it does the following: it makes it possible to mount several physical directories into one virtual directory. E.g. if you have half of your mp3 collection in d:\mp3s and the other half in e:\albums, it's only a few clicks to "join" those 2 directories into one /mp3s dir. Now you could say "connect to your own ftp then :p". Well, there's one downside: I can't execute files on my ftp. So, I checked out the several temp directory plugins available for Tcmd, but none of them is able to do that stuff, cause they only remember the files you copied onto the virtual drive (i.e. when you add a new mp3 to one of the "real" directories, the temp dir plugins won't notice it). I'd

I hope I explained myself well enough, and maybe someone does like the idea so much that he (or she) decides to give it a try.