Eliminate warnings during copy jobs

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Zom-B

Eliminate warnings during copy jobs

Post by *Zom-B »

Is there a way to eliminate warnings during a copy/move job? For example. by showing them afterwards instead of during the job?

I had a move job that is taking more than 24 hours already instead of the calculated ~6 hours, because it kept hanging on stupid warnings like "cannot delete file" and "cannot delete directory" (multiple times, because each parent directory is locked too). I cannot find an ini property for this. There might also be other warnings that I haven't seen yet that might pause a job.

It might also be good if it could detect when a failed delete job will succeed again (eg. remember and retry at a later point), because failing deleting the deepest dir/file prevents deleting parent directories too, even if the deepest dir/file has been unlocked already by the time it will try that. But as it is now, it will fail because the parent directory is not empty (duh).

(Using 7.55a)
CharlesF

Re: Eliminate warnings during copy jobs

Post by *CharlesF »

Zom-B wrote:Is there a way to eliminate warnings during a copy/move job? For example. by showing them afterwards instead of during the job?

I had a move job that is taking more than 24 hours already instead of the calculated ~6 hours, because it kept hanging on stupid warnings like "cannot delete file" and "cannot delete directory" (multiple times, because each parent directory is locked too). I cannot find an ini property for this. There might also be other warnings that I haven't seen yet that might pause a job.

It might also be good if it could detect when a failed delete job will succeed again (eg. remember and retry at a later point), because failing deleting the deepest dir/file prevents deleting parent directories too, even if the deepest dir/file has been unlocked already by the time it will try that. But as it is now, it will fail because the parent directory is not empty (duh).

(Using 7.55a)
I think the Killcopy plugin may be able to do what you want.

Regards,
Charles