Probleme mit LAN Plugin

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

2sylas11
I made some changes to the LAN plugin like longer timeouts and more ways to resolve addresses - funny that this solved your problem...

About your WebDAV plugin problem, can you give me access to a test account on your server? If not, can you send me a raw listing sent by the server? You can create it by connecting with Total Commander for Windows and its WebDAV plugin. You need to check the option "Extended log file", then TC stores the latest directory listing in your TEMP folder (until the connection is closed).
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
sylas11

Post by *sylas11 »

ghisler(Author) wrote:About your WebDAV plugin problem, can you give me access to a test account on your server? If not, can you send me a raw listing sent by the server? You can create it by connecting with Total Commander for Windows and its WebDAV plugin. You need to check the option "Extended log file", then TC stores the latest directory listing in your TEMP folder (until the connection is closed).
Unfortunately, I've just started my holidays and I'm away from home (I disabled the WebDAV and cannot enable it remotely), so I'll give you the access as soon as I'll return home (second week of August). I'll send you e-mail on this subject when it will be ready.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

OK, no problem, I can release a new plugin version whenever I want.
temerini

Post by *temerini »

I have a problem with the plugin:
I have a simple home network by a wireless router (all setting is default, just a password is set) I can connect without any problem, I can transfer files flawlessly to or from my laptop untill I switch off my wifi connection on my phone (Galaxy Ace). If I switch it on again I can't connect any more: error:pipe broken. If I reboot my phone it's O.K. again. Is there any reset option to avoid reboot?
temerini

problem with the LAN plugin

Post by *temerini »

Good news:

After a few hours I can connet to my laptop again.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Try killing the plugin with an app like Advanced Task Killer.

The problem with the used jcifs library is that it keeps connections open all the time, and there is no function to force close a connection! So when you turn off WLAN, the connections are broken (broken pipe), but when the WLAN is reconnected, the jcifs library still tries to use the old (broken) connections...
lufink

Post by *lufink »

Wollt nur nochmal melden dass es auf dem Android Tablet Acer A500 in Version 3.01 wunderbar funktioniert.

Habe schon sehr viele Daten über das Wlan am Android vom PC XP, wie auch Windows7 Rechner hineingeschaufelt.

Perfekt.

Mußte nur darauf kommen, dass nur von Links nach Rechts kopiert wird.

Grüße
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mußte nur darauf kommen, dass nur von Links nach Rechts kopiert wird.
Es geht auch von Rechts nach Links! Sie müssen nur vorher das Quellfenster aktivieren (antippen), es wird dann etwas breiter als das andere.
mattb

Post by *mattb »

New LAN Plugin now works perfect. Great work!!! :)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nice to hear that! I still don't understand why it works now and didn't work before, but better not change it now...
matixx
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *matixx »

Ich nutze auch das LAN-Plugin (BETA 8 ) mit Android Commander. Sobald bei bestehender LAN-Connection mein W-LAN mal abreisst kommt nach dem reconnect der W-LAn-Verbindung der Broken-Pipe Fehler.

keine Abhilfe schafft:
-Schliessen des TC
-Killen des TC
-manuelles Reconnect der W-LAN Verbindung

Abhilfe schafft:
-Neustart des Telefons

Meine Hardware:
-HTC DESIRE S GINGERBREAD 2.3.3
-2,4GHz W-LAN Fritz!BOX 7390

Ich hab wirklich schon viel probiert, sämtliche infrage kommenden Tasks gelöscht. Nichts hat geholfen oder ich hab nicht den richtigen erwischt.
Es muss doch einen Service geben, dessen Cache man löschen muss um die alten Daten zu löschen.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Killen des LAN-Plugins mit Advanced Task Killer sollte fuktionieren.
sylas11

Post by *sylas11 »

sylas11 wrote: WebDAV still don't work ("xml parse error"), but it is not very important, in fact I use WebDAV only for testing, not real transfers.
Sorry, false alarm, WebDAV works fine in my case :)
I simply forgot to specify the port number after the server address (I thought this is not necessary), so I received the error message.

So, no more complains of the plugins I think, they work great for me at the moment (Acer Iconia Tab A500, Honeycomb 3.1). Have some remarks on the UI after using TC for almost 2 months, but I'll write them in the proper thread.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ah, I see - so apparently the server sent you a Web page (HTML) or an error page instead of the file listing...
temerini

broken pipe bug

Post by *temerini »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Try killing the plugin with an app like Advanced Task Killer.

The problem with the used jcifs library is that it keeps connections open all the time, and there is no function to force close a connection! So when you turn off WLAN, the connections are broken (broken pipe), but when the WLAN is reconnected, the jcifs library still tries to use the old (broken) connections...
In the new version (RC1) everything is O.K.!
Thanks!