sLister WLX plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Evds

Post by *Evds »

If i open the quickview panel (ctrl+q) and then open the search window (ctrl+s) and then move with the arrow keys to a pdf tc hangs. If i only open the quickview panel (and not the search window) i can move to the same pdf file with the arrows keys without a problem.

Can someone simulate this problem ?
damjang

Post by *damjang »

Evds wrote:If i open the quickview panel (ctrl+q) and then open the search window (ctrl+s) and then move with the arrow keys to a pdf tc hangs. If i only open the quickview panel (and not the search window) i can move to the same pdf file with the arrows keys without a problem.

Yes, same here (TC 7.56a win7 x64)
iana

Post by *iana »

If i open the quickview panel (ctrl+q) and then open the search window (ctrl+s) and then move with the arrow keys to a pdf tc hangs. If i only open the quickview panel (and not the search window) i can move to the same pdf file with the arrows keys without a problem.

XP-SP3 tc8pb11 TC does hang but after a few minutes it restores I believe it's a memory leak in slister or quick search, try unpacking sumatra and slister (I think they're upx-ed)
The reason I logged in is to ask the author to update the detection string as sumatra now fully supports chm files (with bookmarks) and ps (if you have ghost script installed
)
The detection string should read

Code: Select all

MULTIMEDIA& (EXT="PDF" | EXT="DJVU" | EXT="DJV"| EXT="XPS" | EXT="CBZ" | EXT="CBR" | EXT="CHM" | EXT="PS" | EXT="EPS"  )
iana

Post by *iana »

Latest beta of SumatraPDF adds support for more formats: mobi, epub and fb2. Unfortunately mobi uses a different window layout and can't be embedded in slister, to ad support for these new formats to lister change the detection string to:

MULTIMEDIA& (EXT="PDF" | EXT="DJVU" | EXT="DJV"| EXT="XPS" | EXT="CBZ" | EXT="CBR" | EXT="CHM" | EXT="PS" | EXT="EPS" | EXT="EPUB" | EXT="FB2")
and get the dev build from zeniko:
http://www.zeniko.ch/#SumatraPDF (the beta from http://blog.kowalczyk.info/software/sumatrapdf/prerelease.html doesn't include support for epub and fb2 only for mobi) or if you'd like to build from the source get it from google code:
http://code.google.com/p/sumatrapdf/source/checkout
edit src/EngineManager.h and define ENABLE_EBOOK_ENGINES for release builds. I've been using SumatraPDF for about a week (in Lister and UV too) without problems.
sgp

Post by *sgp »

iana wrote:sumatra now fully supports chm files (with bookmarks) and ps (if you have ghost script installed)
Ghostscript can be used in portable mode, just add the ghostscript bin folderpath to the environment PATH before starting TC, i.e., X:\apps\ghostscript\bin, more details at http://fofou.appspot.com/sumatrapdf/topic?id=2101368.

The ghostscript path can be dynamically added if you're using the Autoruns plugin, add below lines to autorun.cfg

# add portable ghostscript path for SumatraPDF as invoked by wlx slister plugin
# adapt paths to your setup
SetEnv /EV /A PATH ;%COMMANDER_PATH%\..\ghostscript\bin

@iana thanks for keeping this thread updated.
Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Alextp »

iana
Why Zeniko's Sumatrapdf.exe is 1.7Mb, and my 1.9 ver is 4.3Mb. Is new build not complete? I tried unupx: not packed.
MaxX
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MaxX »

2Alextp
may be used old version or another packer

edit: now is availatle SumatraPDF 2.0 beta (software.zeniko.ch/sumatrapdf/SumatraPDF-dev.exe), which is enought stable to use.
iana

Post by *iana »

Zeniko uses mpress http://www.matcode.com/mpress.htm for pe packing it uses a variation of lzma so it packs better then upx but is a bit slower and doesn't have an unpack option, the current dev version is 2.1r6044 the 2.0 stable branch (is feature frozen) won't include support for epub and fb2 (I don't know why I've asked on the sumatra forum and they said epub and fb2 will be included in the 2.1 stable and that one is coming soon), I build my own version with vc9 and I don't pack it's about 4.2 MiB, I find it's faster then vc10, If someone want's it I can upload a build (the standalone or installer)
MaxX
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MaxX »

2iana
The only version is really needed - portable (or, "standalone" as you say).
If you can do it better then my linked poster - do it, I need it.
Thanks.
Ukrainian Total Commander Translator. Feedback and discuss.
iana

Post by *iana »

The "full version" comes with a browser plugin (for browsers that support netscape plugins like Firefox, Chrome, Opera no ie) a shell extension for windows explorer (only Vista and above doesn't work with XP) and a pdf ifilter (but needs Windows Desktop Search and that is an add-on for XP it's included in Vista and above) so on a vanilla XP or 2k systems the full version only adds a browser plugin,
For Vista + users the full version is great you get an explorer preview handler + an ifilter + a browser plugin, for XP users you get a very fast browser plugin that not only supports pdf but xps, oxps and djvu files too (no comic or mobile support for browsers). you should note that the "full" version is dynamically linked to libmupdf.dll because the other dll's use that file too so instead of having 4 4MiB files you have 5 smaller files while the standalone/portable version is statically linked to libmupdf and doesn't have any other dependencies.
here's the latest build 2.1 r6046:

SumatraPDF2.1r6046.7z (portable) 1.6MiB: http://www.mediafire.com/?m6spn27kxpriqb1

SumatraPDF2.1r6046-Installer 4.1MiB:
http://www.mediafire.com/?g44ioqkm4td1ib2

I didn't compress the installer cos it's already packed.
The only difference from zeniko's builds is that these are compiled with vc9 and aren't packed with mpress (epub and fb2 are enabled in these builds).
note to enable the browser plugin/ifilter/Shell Extension you need to enable them, before installing hit options and select the options you need, if you don't select a particular option the dll will be copied but won't be registered to do it's job.

ps. I forgot to mention that SumatraPDF uses libjpeg-turbo for jpeg rendering, this is important because libjpeg-turbo needs sse2 capable hardware and that means SumatraPDF will not work on P3 or 32bit AthalonXP processors, so although these files will run on 2k you need an SSE2 capable processor to check if your processor has SSE2 support use CPU-Z http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html
So if you have problems with these files on an old Athalon XP or Pentium 3 it's a hardware issue and there is no way around it.
MaxX
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MaxX »

2iana
I've just tried fb2 - works normally on both of them.
So, could you tell me - what's the diffrence between 2.0 and 2.1 ?

edit: 'epub' files can't be open by both of 2.0 and 2.1. No error-mesages or something like that, just nothing.
iana

Post by *iana »

So, could you tell me - what's the diffrence between 2.0 and 2.1 ?
they weren't planning a 2.1 release and the only difference is support of fb2 and epub, I can open epub files with the above version (I only have 2 epub files) if you have issues report them at the sumatrapdf forum http://forums.fofou.org/sumatrapdf/
MaxX
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MaxX »

|EXT="EPS"
|EXT="EPUB"

These exts make tc freeze when trying F3 by such files. Only killing process helps.
Ukrainian Total Commander Translator. Feedback and discuss.
Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Alextp »

Will be jpeg support w/o SSE2 need?
iana

Post by *iana »

Will be jpeg support w/o SSE2 need?
In the source tree there is only libjpeg-turbo, from the turbo readme:
For the most part, libjpeg-turbo should work identically to libjpeg, so in most cases, an application can be built against libjpeg and then run against libjpeg-turbo.

the opposite should apply you could replace libjpeg-turbo with the ordinary libjpeg v6b (the 7 and above versions are API uncompilable) and Sumatra should compile fine, but I don't think the SumatraPDF devs are planning a non SSE2 version