Joined: 07 Aug 2005
|Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:58 pm Post subject: [IDEA] Content plugin for XML files
Since I am not able to convert my plugins to Unicode/64-bit and some of them rely on XML processing I wonder if someone could make xml.wdx plugin which would:
- read INI with some columns definitions - name, XPath, …,
- process any given XML file - no matter the extension (xml, svg, sla, …),
It would be even better if it could make some ZIP unpacking, so at the end:
- test.ods is being checked
- unpack meta.xml from test.ods
- take //office:meta/dc:creator as Author - definition from INI
- show result in column.
It would easily replace SVGwdx and Office2007wdx plugins. It could even provide additional functionality for Scribus files (also XMLs) and maybe even more.
*) ods - OpenOffice file which is just ZIP with different extension.
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...