Confusion with Plugins

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Cheemag

Confusion with Plugins

Post by *Cheemag »

The writers of some plugins seem to assume that everyone knows how to use them !

Having installed MMFactory and xBaseView, I can find no way of using them. The readme files are no help.
Regards,

Cheemag.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

There are only 4 kinds of plugins, and each kind have its own rules, and every plugin of that kind use that rules.

File system plugins (WFX) may be accessed via Network root.

Content plugins (WDX) may be used in search, custom columns, multi-rename operations.

Lister plugins (WLX) allow Lister to read specific formats like image formats (TC uses them automatically when you use F3 on a file).

Packer plugins (WCX) may be used to enter specific archives (via Enter or Ctrl+PgDn) and to create them if supported (via Alt+F5).
Cheemag

Post by *Cheemag »

MVV wrote:There are only 4 kinds of plugins, and each kind have its own rules, and every plugin of that kind use that rules.

File system plugins (WFX) may be accessed via Network root.

Content plugins (WDX) may be used in search, custom columns, multi-rename operations.

Lister plugins (WLX) allow Lister to read specific formats like image formats (TC uses them automatically when you use F3 on a file).

Packer plugins (WCX) may be used to enter specific archives (via Enter or Ctrl+PgDn) and to create them if supported (via Alt+F5).
Thanks. I've figured it all out now except one, which I've uninstalled.
Regards,

Cheemag.