Bug with PK_CAPS_MODIFY

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Athari

Bug with PK_CAPS_MODIFY

Post by *Athari »

My plugin will be able to modify, but not to create new archives. If in the function 'GetPackerCaps' my plugin returns value 'PK_CAPS_MULTIPLE | PK_CAPS_BY_CONTENT | PK_CAPS_MODIFY | PK_CAPS_DELETE | PK_CAPS_SEARCHTEXT | PK_CAPS_OPTIONS | PK_CAPS_HIDE', TC shows an error message 'Function not supported' when I try to pack files into existing archive. If I add 'PK_CAPS_NEW' option, TC calls function 'PackFiles' without any problems.
Excuse me for my bad English, my native language is C++
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Hmm, shouldn't happen - how do you try to pack files into existing archive, with F5 while the archive is open in the other window, or with Alt+F5 while the name already exists?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Athari

Post by *Athari »

I use F5 to pack files. I think when plugin hasn't 'PK_CAPS_NEW' style, TC doesn't list it in the 'Pack Files' dialog.
Athari

Post by *Athari »

Once more about bugs. Not really a bug, but TC doesn't work correctly in the extreme conditions.

Configuration -> Options -> Operation -> Edit/View -> Viewer for F3 -> Associations...

Register extension 'dlg.rc' for some editor, then click OK. (I know it isn't really extension. I've been finding out wether TC detects file by the end of its name or by its extension.) Press 'Associations...' button again. There will be 'lg.rc' extension and you won't be able to delete it without editing 'wincmd.ini' manually. Also after a few attempts to delete extension using this dialog 'g.rc' extension appeared.