ext2 & ext3 operating plugin ¿?

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

migui1

ext2 & ext3 operating plugin ¿?

Post by *migui1 »

i wonder if exists or may exits any plugin that allows total commander browse and read/write/delete/execute any file into Linux partitions, as well as Partition Magic 8 does......as actually total commander uses vfat,ntfs..... :lol:
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

Look here.
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
Clo

Read only...

Post by *Clo »

2djk
Hello djk!

miqui1 wishes to write too, while the Ext2+Reiser is read only. :(

:mrgreen: KR
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

2Clo
Yes, I know it, but as I know this is the only plugin which supports ext2 at all. :-) So it can be interesting for migui1 anyway.
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
migui1

Post by *migui1 »

yes, but i use ext3 not ext2... :o maybe no far in future 8)
oblomov

Post by *oblomov »

I remember reading somewhere that the ext2 plugin also reads ext3 (which wouldn't surprise me since ext3 is just a journaling enhancement to ext2, so the basic fs is the same), but I might be wrong. Did you give the plugin a try?
migui1

Post by *migui1 »

it doesn´t work:

Ext2 plugin: 0 partition(s) found
Make sure you run as an Administrator
Ext2 plugin DIR /

of course iam as administrator :shock:
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Well, AFAIK the plugin should read Ext3 partitions... maybe you should write Christian about it, to support<AT>ghisler<DOT>com .

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Yes, the plugin does read EXT3 too. Does the external program Explore2fs (use google to find) work? The EXT2 plugin is based on that code.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
migui1

Post by *migui1 »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Does the external program Explore2fs (use google to find) work?
without a doubt
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Probably they changed something in the code since the EXT2 plugin was written. Unfortunately I have lost contact to the original author, but I will have a look at it myself since the source is available. However, it will be difficult to find the reason because it works fine for my own Linux partitions.

What Windows version do you use? How big is the harddisk and how big is the Linux partition?
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

BTW: Talking about this topic, how about taking a look at http://www.p-nand-q.com/download/rfstool/rfshell_dll.html - a DLL to access ReiserFS partitions (it is made by the author of the code which you used in this plugin)? This way it would be much easier to update in case any bugs appear - one would just have to download the DLL and you wouldn't have to update the plugin anymore.

TIA
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Interesting idea, but I didn't get any problem reports regarding ReiserFS so far. I will do this if the file system would change, then such a modification would become necessary.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

I didn't get any problem reports regarding ReiserFS so far
Just look at the history - http://www.p-nand-q.com/download/rfstool/history.html - there are some bugs fixed which might have not been noticed by your users.

Thanks
Roman
migui1

Post by *migui1 »

hi again

well don´t worry anymore. i finally decided to reinstall everything and i´ve got this plugin finally working :lol:

thanks to ereryone :wink: