wincmd.ru - English version?

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Ergo

wincmd.ru - English version?

Post by *Ergo »

As I know many english-speaking users visits my site wincmd.ru I also get some wishes to make it available in English also. So I plan to do it. It will be the almost the same in functionality as wincmd.ru but in English - e.g. authors of plugins will add and upload plugins themselv. User comments. Mail list about updated and new plugins. Also I plan to develop more functionality.

There can be one problem. Not all the plugin authors have their own sites to locate plugins so I will have definitely troubles with huge traffik due to file downloads :( Who can recommend me free but stable place to store files?

Also I need help of plugin authors for testing new site to use author panel to edit and add new plugins.

Wishes and offers are welcome!
Wincmd.ru WWW.TOTALCMD.NET
I see that future is near...
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I don't know of any free site, but for the official plugins you can link to plugins.ghisler.com. I'm paying just $1/GB there. Perhaps you know a mirror which charges less than $1/GB, e.g. in Russia?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
AlleyKat

Post by *AlleyKat »

It would be rather nice to be able to follow developments there, too, yeah... :D Althou I must say the babelfish is a great help, but - it's just not good enough to know half of the facts on a plugin when it comes to file system and stuff. :lol:

Maybe Ghisler - and Maxwish for Club TC, when he returns from his vacation - could reveal how much traffic a site these sizes pulls? I mean, with just frontpage viewed 12,6 million times... :shock: that averages about 200 page views an hour!
Translate your favorite Mozilla Extension ~ Your Language Is Important Too.
#tcmd on irc.freenode.net - the place to idle
Ergo

Post by *Ergo »

I have about 300000 pages views per month and a lot of downloads. I have now 35 Gb of traffic. Now I use hosting with 50 Gb of included traffic
Wincmd.ru WWW.TOTALCMD.NET
I see that future is near...