Joined: 04 Feb 2003
|Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:30 am Post subject: Total Commander for Android 1.0 rc 6 (release candidate 6)
|Total Commander for Android rc 6 (release candidate 6) is available now!
- Background operations: Show icon/progress bar in notification bar. Unfortunately it doesn't always prevent the system from closing TC...
- Support for devices with MIPS processors
- Improved root functions by using my own C program working in root mode
- A new language has been added: Vietnamese. Thanks to the translator!
This is a public beta of Total Commander for Android. Anyone may try the program now, because I think that it's sufficiently stable. I have also removed the beta warning at the beginning. This beta will expire on 15. July 2012.
The history of changes can now be found here:
All 3 plugins have been updated too, so please re-download them! To install a plugin, pleast tap on the "+" icon in the home folder.
Here is all the information you need to install:
If this is your first beta, please open the "Settings" app of your Android device and go to the "Applications" page. Here you need to allow apps from "Unknown Sources". Total Commander will be available as a final version via Android Market once it's sufficiently stable.
Now there are three ways to install Total Commander beta:
1. If you read this page on your Android device, just click on this link:
2. If you read this page on your PC, and have a barcode scanner app installed on your Android device, double click on the following QR code, then scan it with your phone to start the download. You can get a barcode App by searching for barcode in the market. Personally I'm using the app "Barcode Scanner" by ZXing Team, it's a very simple one, which is open source, so it should be safe.
3. Finally you can of course type in the above link by hand in the web browser of your device.
On some devices, you need to go to apps - downloads to install, clicking on the .apk in the notification area may fail.
Please post your bug reports and suggestions here in the forum!
Thanks for your help!
Author of Total Commander