This forum uses cookies. Click X button to hide this message. What is stored? 
Total Commander Forum Index Total Commander
Forum - Public Discussion and Support

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Registry plugin: Missing DLLs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Total Commander Forum Index -> Plugins and addons: devel.+support (English) Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barryk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Registry plugin: Missing DLLs? Reply with quote

PC crashed. Loading up new pc so I downloaded latest 64 bit ver 9. Trying to install Registry plugin and I get a msg "the plugin probably needs some DLLs missing from your system". ????
Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Registry plugin: Missing DLLs? Visual C++ Runtimes 2008 Reply with quote

Hi and welcome.

Yes, that how it works. Many applications need runtime DLLs to get all features they need. So that plugin too, as it seems by your message.
(Visit wikipedia for more info)

Problem is to know which runtime a special app needs, the author should know at least.
See Readme_eng.txt
Quote:
v 5.0 - 15.07.2012
- Fixed: Search window does not disappear right after opening (x64 only)
- Fixed: Recompiled in VS2008 ...
- Fixed: Better work in some x64 systems ...

So your WindowsTM system is probably missing some VC++ runtime, at least the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable package.

There are Visual C++ Runtimes 2005, 2008, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017, catch them all! Laughing

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

- - -

VC++2008 should have a file version of 9.0xxx?
On my Win7/32 system the 'registry.wfx' only connects to
a 'comctl32.dll' v6.0.7601.18837, size 1.680.896, date 24.04.2015 19:54
Any explanation anybody?

Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Registry plugin: Missing DLLs? Visual C++ Runtimes 2008 Reply with quote

Stefan2 wrote:
Any explanation anybody?

Common controls version has nothing to do with the version of some DLLs, C++ Redistributable or similar. Common controls 6.x was introduced with Windows XP which supported themes and stuff. Executable manifests set support for Common controls 6.x if they intend to support themes, e.g. like this:
Code:
<assemblyIdentity
  type="win32"
  name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"
  version="6.0.0.0"
  publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df"
  language="*"
  processorArchitecture="x86"/>

@barryk:
IIRC Registry plugin needs Visual C++ Redistributable 2008 to work properly, although I'm not sure because I don't see any such dependency (hard or soft) in registry.wfx ...

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Athlon X4 880K, 16 GiB RAM, Gigabyte F2A88X-D3HP, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Total Commander Forum Index -> Plugins and addons: devel.+support (English) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: