Post by *karnin »

That's the problem describben above:
The extensions are NOT shown in TC's x64 branch of right click menu :(
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

karnin,
You probably must ask BitDefender.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
karnin

Post by *karnin »

Hmmm, how to do so? A ToDo would be nice.... :oops:
ZoSTeR
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ZoSTeR »

@Moderators: Please ban Imogenering. It's a bot/jerk that retranslates previous posts.
Not a bad idea tho.

Your last chance would be to check whether the BitDefender program accepts command line parameters - and if yes, define an internal association (additional verb only) to call BitDefender with the file to check.

[mod]Confirmed. User banned and posts removed.

White (moderator)
[/mod]
karnin

Post by *karnin »

Hacker wrote:You probably must ask BitDefender.
There is a thread running on Bitdefender support forum, at present no hint... :(
http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=47337&hl=ghisler
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The tcmdx64 tool loads all 64-bit shell extensions and asks them to return their context menu entries. That's how most externsions work. However, there seem to be some extensions which list menu items in the registry, so the Explorer can grab them from there. TC does not currently support this method because it's badly described, and I have never seen an extension which uses it. Maybe BitDefender uses this method.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
camarie

Post by *camarie »

I posted a reply in the BD forum thread (cannot post link - it's the one above in the karnin previous post).

Our extensions do not list commands in registry. For x86 issue, most likely is registered only the x64 extension (so explorer 64-bit, which is default, is loading the extension, while TC 32-bit I suppose does not load 64-bit extensions).

Also - at the time when I wrote BD file vault extensions - I noticed TC does not specify the directory in CMINVOKECOMMAND(EX) lpDirectory(W). File Vault have special code to get the directory. Not sure if this is an issue now (I wrote FV in 2007...).

There is already a ticket - I learned today about it... - and we're on it. Stay tuned.

Cristian
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

2camarie
The x32 loads x64 extensions into special submenu "x64" using a hidden 64-bit program tcmdx64.exe.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com