This forum uses cookies. Click X button to hide this message. What is stored? 
Total Commander Forum Index Total Commander
Forum - Public Discussion and Support
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

XCD
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Total Commander Forum Index -> Plugins and addons: devel.+support (English) Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
gbo
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 325
Location: Lausanne (Switzerland)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject: XCD Reply with quote

SanskritFritz wrote:
And there is xcd: http://mitglied.lycos.de/matbal/

Could someone explain me how to use xcd as it seems quite useful. I downloaded it and start reading the instructions unfortunately my german background is too weak to understand what to do Confused

PS Babelfish doesn't help me to understand better Sad

TIA

Moderation:
Thread split from (very dear wish) suggestion easier way to jump todirectories.

Hacker (Moderator)

_________________
Gil
Licence #17346

90% of coding is debugging. The other 10% is writing bugs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member


Joined: 09 Jan 2004
Posts: 1933
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2gbo

That's quite easy: download it, copy xcd.exe into a directory that's contained in your 'path' variable. Then you can type 'xcd [folder]' into TC's commandline to quick-change to that [folder]. If multiple dirs are found, you get a list to choose from.

Note that xcd used TC's TREEINFO.WC files. As far as checked, these have to be in the default location (root of each drive).

With my re-set WC-location (TreeFileLocation= in INI), it didn't work at first...

BTW, the two arrow buttons shown when you get a folder list are to make the search more/less tolerant...

P.S. Now that I played around with it a bit, I think I might stick to that handy thingy... Smile


Last edited by StickyNomad on Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
gbo
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 325
Location: Lausanne (Switzerland)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2StickyNomad

Thanks for the clear explanation.

I am "indexing" all my "samba drives" with alt-F10 to built treeinfo.wc on each driver to take profit of xcd Cool
_________________
Gil
Licence #17346

90% of coding is debugging. The other 10% is writing bugs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member


Joined: 09 Jan 2004
Posts: 1933
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2gbo
You're welcome!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Rob Weinstein
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Posts: 36
Location: Arizona

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2gbo,

I just learned about XCD from this thread (thanks SanskritFritz) and I, too, couldn't read the instructions, so I spent some time translating them to English. I used a combination of Google translator and The New English-German Dictionary http://www.iee.et.tu-dresden.de/ and a lot of hand editing. I'm sure it could have been done much better by someone who actually speaks German, but it's better than nothing.

I'm not sure how to post my file (~17kB) to the forum. Can someone tell me how to post this .TXT file?

-Rob
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member


Joined: 24 Jul 2003
Posts: 3693
Location: Budapest, Hungary

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2Rob Weinstein
You could use a file hosting service for a start, like http://www.savefile.com/ and then we can start collaborating on it Smile
_________________
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
icfu
Power Member
Power Member


Joined: 10 Sep 2003
Posts: 6052

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better switch to http://drivehq.com which has FTP support and direct downloading (put your stuff in wwwhome directory). Also files aren't deleted like with all of these standard services which I start to hate because of that. Smile

Edit: Forget that drivehq.com crap:
http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=102664#102664

Icfu
_________________
This account is for sale
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
djorge
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 03 Jul 2003
Posts: 421
Location: Portugal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great utility! Very usefull. Thanks SanskritFritz.
_________________
______________________
David Jorge
Personal License #117854
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rob Weinstein
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Posts: 36
Location: Arizona

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted my English translation of the instructions for XCD here: http://savefile.com/files/246488 (see the download button near the bottom of the page.)

Note that this is translatied from the xcd.html file included in xcd2.zip. I hope someone who is a better translator can improve it.

-Rob
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member


Joined: 24 Jul 2003
Posts: 3693
Location: Budapest, Hungary

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got, it, nice! Good job. I will put it up into the wiki, under http://www.ghisler.ch/wiki/index.php/Shell_extensions_and_addons
There we can improve it, until we find the author Wink

EDIT: I already wrote him an email. He is user matbal here btw.

EDIT2: wiki upload with some improvement already done: http://www.ghisler.ch/wiki/index.php/XCD
Please correct any errors and bad english!
_________________
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member


Joined: 24 Jul 2003
Posts: 3693
Location: Budapest, Hungary

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need help with the translation of the user interface. Matbal has sent me the german strings, i did a quick and dirty translation, please contribute!
http://www.ghisler.ch/wiki/index.php/XCD_translation
_________________
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member


Joined: 24 Jul 2003
Posts: 3693
Location: Budapest, Hungary

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and here is the first english testversion:
http://matbal.drivehq.com/xcd_eng.zip
_________________
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member


Joined: 24 Jul 2003
Posts: 3693
Location: Budapest, Hungary

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New version with language files, please reload the link above.
_________________
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
robinsiebler
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 05 Mar 2003
Posts: 458

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work everyone! I found a typo & bug or two:

Popup-menu -
'Refresh Treeinfos' should be 'Refresh Treeinfo'.
Text for 3rd entry overwrites FKey (see screenshot)
Image: http://members.dslextreme.com/users/robinsiebler/menu.jpg

Search Options -
'Only search he curent ' should be the
_________________
Robin L. Siebler
Personal License #13949
------------------------------
"Bother", said Pooh, as he deleted Windows
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
robinsiebler
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 05 Mar 2003
Posts: 458

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a similar treatment for his other tool - Comment Search?
_________________
Robin L. Siebler
Personal License #13949
------------------------------
"Bother", said Pooh, as he deleted Windows
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Total Commander Forum Index -> Plugins and addons: devel.+support (English) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Impressum: This site is maintained by Ghisler Software GmbH

Using phpBB © 2001-2005 phpBB Group