LAN plugin: New beta version available

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

zeratul75

Post by *zeratul75 »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Thanks for the report. What does the OTHER panel in Total Commander show? For some reason, TC seems to assume that it is also a plugin, or the home folder.

Does it work when you switch to a local directory in the other panel?
I don't understand what you mean with your first question.....what do you mean for "other panel"? I first installed TC alone to use it as default phone file manager. I only see internal memory and SD card memory, of course. Then I installed LAN and FTP plugin, so I got the two options when I am in TC main menu. I added local path of NAS, and enter it with no problem, by LAN plugin or by FTP as well.

When I use TC to browse local folder (for local I guess you mean the phone and SD card) it works very good, the copy/move function works fine as well....moving or copying from/to internal memory phone/micro sd card works with no errors.
Also browsing NAS-remote folders works fine, the problem arise when I try to copy/move folders/files inside the NAS.

Hope I answered your questions.....
thanks
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

zeratul75,
TC for Android has two file panels, Left and Right, just like the desktop version. You can view the other panel by swiping or by tapping on the three sideways pointing arrows.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
zeratul75

Post by *zeratul75 »

Thanks.the other pane has the same screen.....no differences with the main one.....
Bit if i switch to other panel and go back to first one a couple of time when I start a copy it works and no crash...
So i forced stopping TC band start again and crashes.
Force stop again, change panels a couple of time, start copying and no crash.....
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You need to set the other panel to the directory to which you want to copy the files! Of course TC shouldn't crash when there is no valid target, so I will try to find a solution.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
gewone

Post by *gewone »

@ghisler:
I sneak into this thread with a little request proposal. In another here-not-named popular Android file manager with built in LAN support, I can (for example) browse into a Photos\ folder on my Windows computer, and after opening a .JPG in there I can just swype to browse among the hundred other images in the same folder. This is very convenient, but with TC I need to press <back> and then touch the next photo I want to browse. Of course, this works, but it's a bit edgy when for instance you're with your family in the sofa, wanting to look at vacation photos more or less like a manual slideshow (á swype-screen-to-see-next). I'm not sure how hard this would be to implement into the TC LAN plugin, but I'm sure it's doable, since another major file manager has this feature. Of course, since TC is number one in all other aspects, it would be sweet to be able to only have the (the!) file manager installed on phone/tablet, Total Commander.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

The reason why this doesn't work is that Total Commander doesn't have its own built-in image viewer. I have considered adding one, but there so many good image viewers out there (which I could never reach) that I decided against it.
Ralf Scherzer

Retried

Post by *Ralf Scherzer »

Hello,
I retried it and found my mistake. I had to use the Windows-Login not the WiFi (FritzBox).

Now it works - nearly.

I accessed all Drives I connected to my PC - The internal HD and the USB-Drives . Then I must have made a mistake, and now I have access to the half of my connected drives only.
On some drive (all connected via USB) I have access to every file - including video or audio-streming.
One some drives (3 Partitions on ESATA-Main-Drive, but also 3 USB-Drives) I got "unknown user name or bad password"

The settings ar each the same, so I don't understand why.
I could access the drives for 10 minutes and then i failed. Any Idea what's my mistake?

I know it's a windows problem, because other apps got the same probleme. But maybe you have a hint.
Ralf
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Please check the share settings on that PC (via properties of the shared drives or folders).
Ralf Scherzer

It works

Post by *Ralf Scherzer »

I solved the probleme. After deleting/cancelling all network settings I made before on my windows-pc and the android device, I restart both devices. The I remade the whole process. 1. Intializing every Drive in my home-network. 2. Accessing the drives via FritzBox. It works.
I don't know why, because I didn't made it different than the first time, but it works.

I'm using computers since more than 30 years, but never had to work with networks.
Thanks a lot!