[Problem] Galaxy Note 3 / Android 4.4.2 / External SD-Card

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

NoSubstitute

Post by *NoSubstitute »

That would be a real shame.
I use TC for all my file handling, both on my PC, Sony Xperia Z and Nexus 7 and on all other hardware where it's possible (for Linux I use Midnight Commander :-)

With TC I didn't even have to be concerned about the new interface of Windows 8, since I always run my programs from TC anyway.

I love TC and bought it so many years ago I can't even remember!

Truly, I don't think you should be so concerned. In my opinion, people who even consider installing thirdparty file managers are the same people who always root or jailbreak their hardware. Then those restrictions can be removed and TC runs as it always has done.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

We will see how Android 5 turns out to be...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Frontier

Post by *Frontier »

Darn it - I also experience what others are seeing - I can't chmod, delete or create folders on the "external" card on my Note 3. And I have noticed that AndFTP has some of the same problems...
Alexander77

Post by *Alexander77 »

Thanks for providing TC for Android. I can not imagine a better file explorer than TC!

Nevertheless, I experienced a similar issue on a Galaxy Note II under rooted Android 4.4.2. It was not possible to delete (or move) a complete directory including subfolders. The issue only appears when deleting (or moving) directories from the external SD card.

Somebody already suggested in this forum to use the app "SDFix (KitKat Writable MicroSD)" available at the Microsoft play store. This also did the trick for me. Now I can delete (or move) folders including subfolders in every direction.

Strangely, the Android build in file explorer "Eigene Dateien" was able to delete any folder on the external SD card, even without "SDFix". What makes "Eigene Dateien" superior over TC?

Regards
Alexander
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Strangely, the Android build in file explorer "Eigene Dateien" was able to delete any folder on the external SD card
Yes, that's the unfair thing about these restrictions: They do not apply to apps signed by Google or the device manufacturer.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

use the app "SDFix (KitKat Writable MicroSD)" available at the Microsoft play store
WoW - now Microsoft makes Android app's ;-)
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar