Feature Request: Select by date or find with date between

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

seb-
Location: DE\BN - only part time TC user after switching to Linux ;)

Feature Request: Select by date or find with date between

Post by *seb- »

Hi all,

one more thread today ;)

Usecase:
When sorting photos i usually sort out the old ones and move them to a new subdir (e.g. the last project i documented, the last place i travelled, or maybe the last year "2013"), so the overview in the gallery is better and i find photos faster.

Apparently, when you already took some hundres of photos you have to select them manually which is a tedious work.

I'm not requesting a particular feature here, but a function that would facilitate my usecase.

I could imagine that it either is a "select by date" (you can already select by Extension in Android -TC) where i could specify a date range, or another way would be to let the user search for files which have a date between x and y. Then i could probably seelct *.* from the search results and then move the files to their new place.

Or is their even already some internal command/function i have not yet seen which would help me?

thanks for comments.

brs
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You can sort the files (or search result) by date, then long tap on the first icon. A menu appears where you can choose that you want to select a range of files. Now tap on the last file to select the entire range.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
seb-
Location: DE\BN - only part time TC user after switching to Linux ;)

Post by *seb- »

Ahh. Interesting. I never thought this was possible. I think this will help me a lot in the future. Thanks!