Verify after packing -> freeze

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Thany

Verify after packing -> freeze

Post by *Thany »

My phone just froze completely after packing a 600MB set of files, and having it verify. It froze about halfway during the verification process. I left it there for a few minutes, but it didn't unfreeze at all. The phone was *completely* frozen, not just the app, the whole phone was. No kidding.

I had it connected to my pc at the time, allowing it to charge and be connected as an MTP device (I wasn't using it though). USB debugging is enabled and the pc is allowed, if that helps. Also, this is a rooted stock Nexus 5 updated to Android 4.4.4 with kernel 3.4.0-gd59db4e, build number KTU84P. During the freeze, it was connected via Wi-Fi and 3G, battery was almost full, BT was off, and location services enabled.

Obviously (I hope this is obvious anyway), all software from the play store is up-to-date. This includes TC.

I have no idea which of this information makes any difference, but better too much than too little. Hopefully this helps in resolving the issue.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

It sounds like your processor shut down due to overheating. Packing files is quite demanding to a slow ARM processor, and additionally you were also charging the device, which causes additional heat.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Thany

Post by *Thany »

Could be. I'll report this to Google, since a CPU should never overheat without being overclocked.