Question about adding ringtones to Android

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

subelman

Question about adding ringtones to Android

Post by *subelman »

I am trying to add new ringtones to an Android phone using Total Commander 2.50. I copied all the sound files to the "Ringtones" folder. Then I ask to change the ringtone in the Setup->Sound screen and I get the choice of using "Media Storage" (the Android built-in utility) or "Total Commander". I select Total Commander and I see all the MP3 and OGG file that I put in the "Ringtones" folder, I can select one of them and it is activated. Everything works just as expected, EXCEPT: when selecting the ringtone, Total Commander does not show me the MIDI files (*.mid) I installed - it only lets me choose from *.mp3 or *.ogg.

Is there any way to change that? I know the *.mid files work because if I use "ES File Explorer" instead of Total Commander, the ringtones are activated, so there's no issue with the Android.

Thanks for a great program.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Thanks for your report. I will add some code to add these files to the ring tones/alarms media database. Apparently it isn't sufficient to tell the database that there is a new file, it has to be entered manually.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com