Feature Request: Share to predefined folder

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

seb-
Location: DE\BN - only part time TC user after switching to Linux ;)

Feature Request: Share to predefined folder

Post by *seb- »

Hi,

i hope this hasn't already been requested and rejected ;-)

I have 3 Samba connections configured in TotalCommanders LAN Plugin. I regularly use them to transfer files within my LAN hat home between my computer and my android.

Is there already a way, or wouldn't it be very nice to have a "Share to preconfigured Folder" option in the share menu.

E.g. from the Gallery you can share a photo via eMail or you can already Share it to TotalCommander. This will invoke a dialog that lets you choose where to copy the file to.

That is alreay half of what i need. I would really appreciate if there was a way to set one folder as a kind of default that files are shared to. So for example, if i would like to share photos or files to one of my NASes, i would only have to click "Share to NAS [with TotalCommander]". Instead of having to browse in the current TotalCommander Dialog to that folder.

Would save some time and clicks :-)

Mr. Ghisler, is that possible?

at All: what do you think? Is there already a way to achieve this?

thanks!
brs
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Yes, just add it to the Total Commander bookmarks. You can access them in the "Share" dialog too, it's just three clicks (Bookmarks, your bookmark, OK).
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
seb-

Post by *seb- »

Ahh...

I haven't thought about bookmarks. Well i guess this is sufficiently convenient for my purpose :-)

Thanks for the hint!

brs
seb-

Post by *seb- »

Hi Again,

i just tried it and i was not successful.

I opened one of my samba shares via LAN Plugin and added it as a Bookmark.

Then i openend a photo in the gallery app and clicked the share button. Then clicked the Total Commander Icon.

In the TC-Root Dialog i see two things

1. When i click Bookmarks, the bookmark i just created is not shown
2. Actually i created the bookmark with "show on main screen" checked. I was shown in TC when not invoking it via Share menu, but i hoped it would also show up when invoking TC via share button.

regarding #1 Did i do something wrong?

regarding #2 can this be fixed or - in case it is a feature and not a bug - improved?

ALSO: i noticed that - maybe for convenience - bookmarks are overwritten. I can not create a bookmark to the same location with e.g. two different icons or e.g. with different target paths. Even if i rename the second bookmark to the same place, the first one is gone.

So in my case i have a photo folder on my Samba share, i'd like to have a bookmark in the Root (see #2) that can be selected via the share menu easily and maybe i want to have two or three other bookmarks with a different target folder so i can move files easily.

I hope i'm overlooking something ;-)

thanks + br
seb-

Post by *seb- »

bump... any idea... anyone?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You are right, bookmarks to plugins seem to be missing in that dialog. I will check it.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
seb-

Post by *seb- »

Thanks. I hope its an easy fix ;-)