is anybody can help me about epub quick viewer?

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

netsking wrote:milo1012, Thanks a lot. I will give up to continue try unenable other plugins. Just accept it as is. Maybe when new TC release, there is a way to quick view epub file.
As said, i can view most of my epub file unless it was altered by calibre. If an epub is captured by "archive" or text ffile I have to disable and re-enable to view next file again.
It have nothing to do with slister nor sumatrapdf !

It is a bug in TC that misinterpret the file and does not give enough freedom to force or change what is used for quick-view.
milo1012
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *milo1012 »

Horst.Epp wrote:Because they are using the same SLister plugin and SumatraPDF combination.
Just because they do so doesn't mean they do it right.
They adopted the interface years after TC designed it, but it doesn't seem they got it well.
E.g. UnrealCommander and DoubleCommander fail miserably with some wdx plugins, including my very own
(that's why I don't test even bother testing these programs for compatibility),
not to mention they lack automatic installation (pluginst.inf).
So I REALLY wouldn't rely on the fact that of all plugins exactly slister works better than in TC.

nsp wrote:As said, i can view most of my epub file unless it was altered by calibre. If an epub is captured by "archive" or text ffile I have to disable and re-enable to view next file again.
And I can view basically none.
I have about 50 files officially purchased and paid (mostly Software and Information Science books for our company)
and none of them works.
And quite the opposite:
Two files I digged up modified by Calibre (META-INF\calibre_bookmarks.txt)
work!

So I really wouldn't draw any conclusions.
TC plugins: PCREsearch and RegXtract
iana

Post by *iana »

A few notes/ideas from me.
The original slister plugin does not detect (by extension) epub files only pdf and maybe xps, for the plugin to work it needs to know that it's responsible for opening epub's to do that edit (manuialy or with Alexey's gread tc plugins manager) wincmd.ini find the line for slister and change it to something like

Code: Select all

1=%COMMANDER_PATH%\wlx\slister\slister.wlx
1_detect=MULTIMEDIA & (EXT="PDF" | EXT="XPS" | EXT="DJVU" | EXT="DJV" | EXT="PS" | EXT="EPS" | EXT="CBZ" | EXT="CBR" | EXT="CHM" | EXT="MOBI" | EXT="EPUB" | EXT="FB2" | EXT="ZFB2" | EXT="FB2Z" | EXT="PDB" | EXT="PRC" | EXT="TCR"| EXT="HTM" | EXT="HTML" | EXT="TIF" | EXT="TIFF" )
if you want to use it in quickview you need to set it's priority high (it's number low I hav tlister as 0 and slister as 1) a lot of plugins can and will load epubs as zips, how to change the priorety well you can use Alexey's plugin manager or in TC -> configuration-plugins->wlx move slister to the top.
here's a screenshot
Image: http://i.imgur.com/1iZ3B6N.png

Note the Sumatra people have stated that their application will not and does not support encrypted aka DRMed epubs so those will newer load, there is another bug in some readers (older sumatrapdf too so update to the latest) is that the epub standard needs the first file in the archive to be the file mimetype and it must not be compressed, if that file is compressed or is not the 1st some readers won't open that epub.
slister with sumatrapdf will not load commercial epub's but, older sumatra will not load modified epub's newer will
http://forums.fofou.org/sumatrapdf/topic?id=2599331

edit
if you do not want slister opening some file formats like tiff or html remove them from the line above, personaly I like opening html in slister as it does not have js support and displays them in a rather simple way.
iana

Post by *iana »

a quick reply to the original question, your problem is that slister is set to #20 set it lower to 0, if you post your entire wlx plugin section we might be able to tell what plugin is loading epub's instead of slister.

ps regarding the bookmarks window not being shown in quickview (or in lister) it's done by design in sumatrapdf when the app is launched with the -plugin switch (as slister and the Firefox plugin do) the bookmarks are hidden to change this you need to tweak the sumatra code and recompile it, it's not a bug but a feature.
netsking

Post by *netsking »

iana wrote:a quick reply to the original question, your problem is that slister is set to #20 set it lower to 0, if you post your entire wlx plugin section we might be able to tell what plugin is loading epub's instead of slister.
iana, thanks a lot for your suggestion. after changing the order of slister from 20 to 0, epub, fb2, mobi could be viewed with quick view function. Thanks again for your help to solve the problem.
I tried to change the order of slister in my wincmd.ini.
It looks afer ArchView cause the problem.
When place slister before ArchView, there is no problem to view epub, fb2..., but after it, I have a problem.
fb2 could not be viewed if slister after ieview.
It looks the order of slister is very important.
Helix751

Post by *Helix751 »

QuickView works for me with each and every sLister format (EPUB, MOBI, FB2, AZW, PRC, PDF, ...)

My detect string is:

Code: Select all

14_detect="MULTIMEDIA& (EXT="PDF" | EXT="DJVU" | EXT="DJV"| EXT="XPS" | EXT="CBZ" | EXT="CBR" | EXT="CHM" | EXT="EPUB" | EXT="MOBI" | EXT="AZW" | EXT="PRC" | EXT="FB2")"
Regards,
Sergio

TCmd license #12059
TC11.03x86/x64 | Win11 Pro
milo1012
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *milo1012 »

netsking wrote: after changing the order of slister from 20 to 0, epub, fb2, mobi could be viewed with quick view function.
Well, it seems to help viewing your files, but not for mine.
I still can't view most of them in Quick View,
even with a clean TC install.

Very strange and a typical scenario where two problems overlap each other, hiding the real reason behind it.
I'll see if I can do some debug to find the root of the problem.
TC plugins: PCREsearch and RegXtract
netsking

Post by *netsking »

milo1012 wrote:
netsking wrote: after changing the order of slister from 20 to 0, epub, fb2, mobi could be viewed with quick view function.
Well, it seems to help viewing your files, but not for mine.
I still can't view most of them in Quick View,
even with a clean TC install.

Very strange and a typical scenario where two problems overlap each other, hiding the real reason behind it.
I'll see if I can do some debug to find the root of the problem.
milo1012, I don't a lot of computer debug or coding. hoping you can figure it out. I am wondering if there is ArchView plugin in the new fresh installed TC. Also need to check if wincmd.ini in the user roaming folder.
kes

Post by *kes »

nsp wrote:
netsking wrote:milo1012, Thanks a lot. I will give up to continue try unenable other plugins. Just accept it as is. Maybe when new TC release, there is a way to quick view epub file.
As said, i can view most of my epub file unless it was altered by calibre. If an epub is captured by "archive" or text ffile I have to disable and re-enable to view next file again.
It have nothing to do with slister nor sumatrapdf !

It is a bug in TC that misinterpret the file and does not give enough freedom to force or change what is used for quick-view.
The cause is calibre bookmark. Calibre in its wisdom??!!?? decide to save its bookmark inside the epub file. When such a bookmark exists the TC lister can't interpret the file and view it.

Solution is to remove all bookmarks in epub files and remove calibre's ability to save bookmarks in the files. I have done both. The how to's are out there on the web just search using google.
chriss

Post by *chriss »

kes wrote: The cause is calibre bookmark. Calibre in its wisdom??!!?? decide to save its bookmark inside the epub file. When such a bookmark exists the TC lister can't interpret the file and view it.
full ack!

calibre is awful piece of software - the problem is that i couldnt find an alternative....
gruß

chriss
peter_jupiter

Post by *peter_jupiter »

hello friends,
I'm also looking for epub lister, if I understand correctly, sumatrapdf is able to work as epub lister. But how to get sumatraPDF as lister in TC ?
It is an exe file, and I TC requires .wlx files.
Thanks for your support
BR
Peter
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

peter_jupiter wrote:hello friends,
I'm also looking for epub lister, if I understand correctly, sumatrapdf is able to work as epub lister. But how to get sumatraPDF as lister in TC ?
It is an exe file, and I TC requires .wlx files.
Thanks for your support
BR
Peter
Install the SLister plugin from
http://totalcmd.net/plugring/slister.html
Then add EXT=EPUB to the detection string in wincmd.ini

To use the installed SumatraPDF store the following slister.ini
in the plugins dir

[slister]
path=c:\Program Files\SumatraPDF\SumatraPDF.exe

In my case its the actual x64 version 3.1.1 from
http://www.sumatrapdfreader.org/download-free-pdf-viewer.html
You have to modify the ini for your environment of course.
peter_jupiter

Post by *peter_jupiter »

Thanks Horst,
I got it working, just one additional question.
Is there any possiblity to view / edit metadata on epub files with slister ?
Thanks and BR
Peter
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

peter_jupiter wrote:Thanks Horst,
I got it working, just one additional question.
Is there any possiblity to view / edit metadata on epub files with slister ?
Thanks and BR
Peter
You can only view the properties
by using the right mouse click context menu inside of an epub.
For editing I use Calibre.
Ovg
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Ovg »

peter_jupiter wrote:view / edit metadata on epub
For this purpose Sigil - ePub editor/creator also may be used ...
It's impossible to lead us astray for we don't care even to choose the way.
#259941, TC 11.01 x64, Windows 7 SP1 x64