TC 2.61 updated file icons

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

mame

TC 2.61 updated file icons

Post by *mame »

I'm not fond of the mish-mashed icons in the update. Some are rectangular and some circular. In the classic theme. As soon as Play Store updated, I noticed the small rounded purple zip icon instead of the familiar yellow package, and I downgraded at once!

Funny, files are still white, not blue. Folders are yellow not purple. But zip files are rounded purple, not yellow box.

I'm using the classic theme on all my devices because it looks familiar since like, forever. And I'm not fond of the material icons at all, don't need it, don't like it. It's too drastic a change for an app that has been in use for almost 20 years.

Please bring back the old icons.
I hereby claim copyright to this message you are now reading,
and for that you owe me a $1 royalty fee each time you read this.
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Re: TC 2.61 updated file icons

Post by *ts4242 »

mame wrote:Please bring back the old icons.
You can do, go to Configure...> Font and Color> uncheck Use new icons and Rounded buttons
B@ron

Post by *B@ron »

im uncheck "Use new icons and Rounded buttons" but the icons * .rar & * .zip have remained round and blue :(
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

B@ron wrote:im uncheck "Use new icons and Rounded buttons" but the icons * .rar & * .zip have remained round and blue :(
Confirmed!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You are right - an icon resource was incorrectly named in the drawable-xxhdpi-v4 folder (zip.png instead of zipbtn21.png). I will correct it.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com