tcCmdVerify v0.24 - Check/modify Total Commander setup

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

magz

Post by *magz »

I think I know what is going on here. I've been confused about this, but it seems both Total Commander and autoit translates %PROGRAMFILES% and %COMMONPROGRAMFILES% (and maybe other environment variables that I don't know of) differently when ran by the x64 or x86 version. I have bugs to kill.

I thought I had to use "%PROGRAMFILES% (x86)" to reference the 32bit folder of programfiles. But that would only work in the 64bit version, while giving this result: C:\Program Files (x86) (x86) in 32bit Total Commander, and in Autoit it seems.
magz

Post by *magz »

v0.16 is up, but there is one weird issue remaining; the 32 bit version of autoit seems to be unable to read %windir%\system32
this line works as intended in the 64bit executable:

Code: Select all

if FileExists("C:\Windows\System32\msconfig.exe") then MsgBox(0,"","msconfig.exe file found",-1,0)
but the 32bit version of autoit doesn't seem to have access to the system32 folder here, even with admin rights. I am running windows10 x64.

So in the 32bit version there are sadly false positives for those that have menus or bars pointing to system32, at least on my system, but I am hoping it will work as intended on a 32 bit OS. The x64 version seems to work as intended now. Thanks for the extensive testing Damel.

A new feature in that tcCmdVerify will now complain about when %programfiles% environment variable have been used where that limits access from x86 vs x64 edition of TC.
It will add such commands to the other problems section and will recommend %ProgramW6432% and %PROGRAMFILES(X86)% instead.

If the menu is specified with the environment variable %PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE% in total commanders setup it will now load the 32bit menu if tcCmdVerify is started from Total Commander 32 bit (but you can and should run the 64 bit version of tcCmdVerify if you have a 64 bit cpu).
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

the 32 bit version of autoit seems to be unable to read %windir%\system32
this line works as intended in the 64bit executable
Ahh, that helped - I had been using the 32 bit version mainly, and I got far too many missing icon paths and command paths.

I still get these for Icon Paths:
[13]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\SGViewer\SGViewer.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\viewer.bar|Buttonbar|cmd3
[14]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\IMGView\IMGView.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\viewer.bar|Buttonbar|cmd4
[15]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\SGViewer\SGViewer.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_list_sgviewer|button
[16]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\IMGView\IMGView.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_list_imgview|button
[17]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\FlashView\FlashView.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_list_flashview|button
[18]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\swfListerLite\swfll.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_list_swfll|button
[19]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\swfLister\swflst.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_list_swflst|button
[20]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\TTFViewer\TTFViewer.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_list_ttfviewer|button
[21]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\SynPlus\SynPlus.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_list_synplus|button
[22]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\Syn2\Syn2.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_list_syn2|button
[23]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\VisualDirSize\visualdirsize.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_list_visualdirsize|button
[24]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\VisualDirSize\DirSizeCalcCharts.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_list_dirsizecalccharts|button
but all the paths exist and the wlx files contains icons - perhaps tcCmdVerify cannot extract icons from wlx files.

I also still get a lot like this for Command Path Quotes:
[38]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_cz.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_4_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd13
but OPENLANGUAGEFILE does not require a path:
12.03.14 Added: New internal command OPENLANGUAGEFILE WCMD_xyz.LNG to open specific LNG/MNU file pair from "language" subdir.
You might argue that there could be a space in the language file name (like wcmd_c z.lng), but since OPENLANGUAGEFILE works even with such a space without quotes, I think there is no need to check for command path quotes for the OPENLANGUAGEFILE command
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: 0.16

Post by *Dalai »

magz wrote:the 32 bit version of autoit seems to be unable to read %windir%\system32
this line works as intended in the 64bit executable:

if FileExists("C:\Windows\System32\msconfig.exe") then MsgBox(0,"","msconfig.exe file found",-1,0)
but the 32bit version of autoit doesn't seem to have access to the system32 folder here, even with admin rights. I am running windows10 x64.
Congrats, you found the (probably) most annoying thing in Windows x64: File system redirection. On Windows x64 when a 32 bit application accesses some file in \system32 directory, it will get redirected to \SysWow64 by the system's WoW64 layer (Windows on Windows 64). In short: You won't be able to get the real \system32 directory. However, there's two workarounds:
  • temporarily disable file-system redirection (Wow64DisableWow64FsRedirection, Wow64RevertWow64FsRedirection), but one must be aware that this might cause other issues, especially when it comes to loading DLLs and stuff.
  • Use \SysNative instead of \system32. This is easier and works out of the box on all Windows x64 versions except Windows XP x64.
Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2magz
Here are the false positives (in my opinion) that I find in my current configuration:
cmd path not found:
[0]|24|Location of button bar/ini file:|Section name:|Key name:
[10]|%COMSPEC% /k set|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd47
[11]|cd ;"*." |*.*\|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd67
[12]|cm_SrcViewModeList 11|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd70
[14]|lsplugin.ini|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_editlsplugins|cmd
[22]|%comspec% /k echo|C:\totalcmd\usercmd.ini|em_cmd|cmd
[23]|cd ;"*." |*.*\|C:\totalcmd\usercmd.ini|em_ryd|cmd
[24]|"%COMMANDER_EXE%" /S=L:Pmmedia|C:\totalcmd\wincmd.ini|Associations|cmd

icon path not found:
[0]|32|Location of button bar/ini file:|Section name:|Key name:
[12]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\SGViewer\SGViewer.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\viewer.bar|Buttonbar|cmd3
[13]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\IMGView\IMGView.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\viewer.bar|Buttonbar|cmd4
[14]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\SGViewer\SGViewer.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_list_sgviewer|button
[15]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\IMGView\IMGView.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_list_imgview|button
[16]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\FlashView\FlashView.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_list_flashview|button
[17]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\swfListerLite\swfll.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_list_swfll|button
[18]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\swfLister\swflst.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_list_swflst|button
[19]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\TTFViewer\TTFViewer.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_list_ttfviewer|button
[20]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\SynPlus\SynPlus.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_list_synplus|button
[21]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\Syn2\Syn2.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_list_syn2|button
[22]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\VisualDirSize\visualdirsize.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_list_visualdirsize|button
[23]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\VisualDirSize\DirSizeCalcCharts.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_list_dirsizecalccharts|button

no cmd path quotes:
[0]|153|Location of button bar/ini file:|Section name:|Key name:
[32]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_win7amd64_1_dan.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_4_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd2
[33]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_pm_dan.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_4_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd3
[34]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE .MNU|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_4_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd9
[35]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_eng.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_4_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd10
[36]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_eng.mnu|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_4_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd11
[37]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_cz.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_4_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd13
[38]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_chn.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_4_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd14
[39]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_dan.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_4_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd15
[40]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_deu.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_4_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd16
[41]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_esp.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_4_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd17
[42]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_fra.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_4_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd18
[43]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_ita.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_4_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd19
[44]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_kor.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_4_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd20
[45]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_hun.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_4_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd21
[46]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_dut.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_4_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd22
[47]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_nor.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_4_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd23
[48]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_pol.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_4_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd24
[49]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_rom.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_4_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd25
[50]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_rus.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_4_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd26
[51]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_sk.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_4_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd27
[52]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_svn.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_4_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd28
[53]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_swe.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_4_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd29
[54]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_cz.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd2
[55]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_chn.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd3
[56]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_dan.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd4
[57]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_deu.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd5
[58]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_eng.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd6
[59]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_esp.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd7
[60]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_fra.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd8
[61]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_ita.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd9
[62]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_kor.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd10
[63]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_hun.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd11
[64]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_dut.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd12
[65]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_nor.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd13
[66]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_pol.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd14
[67]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_rom.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd15
[68]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_rus.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd16
[69]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_sk.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd17
[70]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_svn.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd18
[71]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_swe.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd19
[72]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_afr.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd22
[73]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_alb.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd23
[74]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_arb.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd24
[75]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_arm.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd25
[76]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_bel.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd26
[77]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_bul.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd27
[78]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_est.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd28
[79]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_heb.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd29
[80]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_ell.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd30
[81]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_hr.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd31
[82]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_idn.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd32
[83]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_jpn.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd33
[84]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_lat.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd34
[85]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_ltu.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd35
[86]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_mk.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd36
[87]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_ptg.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd37
[88]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_fin.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd38
[89]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_tha.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd39
[90]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_tur.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_5_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd40
[94]|cm_SrcViewModeList 11|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd70
[95]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_cz.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd75
[96]|cd c:\Users\Peter Madsen\Downloads\|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_dan_vert.bar|Buttonbar|cmd2
[97]|FTPOPEN 01 Madsenworld|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\special.bar|Buttonbar|cmd15
[98]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE .MNU|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_openmenu|cmd
[99]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_eng.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_openlanguagefile0|cmd
[100]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_eng.mnu|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_openmenufile0|cmd
[101]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_win7amd64_1_dan.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_openlanguagefile1|cmd
[102]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_pm_dan.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_openlanguagefile2|cmd
[103]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_cz.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_openlanguage_cz|cmd
[104]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_dan.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_openlanguage_dan|cmd
[105]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_deu.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_openlanguage_deu|cmd
[106]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_dut.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_openlanguage_dut|cmd
[107]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_esp.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_openlanguage_esp|cmd
[108]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_fra.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_openlanguage_fra|cmd
[109]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_hun.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_openlanguage_hun|cmd
[110]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_rom.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_openlanguage_rom|cmd
[111]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_ita.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_openlanguage_ita|cmd
[112]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_nor.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_openlanguage_nor|cmd
[113]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_pol.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_openlanguage_pol|cmd
[114]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_sk.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_openlanguage_sk|cmd
[115]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_svn.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_openlanguage_svn|cmd
[116]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_swe.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_openlanguage_swe|cmd
[117]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_kor.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_openlanguage_kor|cmd
[118]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_chn.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_openlanguage_chn|cmd
[119]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_rus.lng|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_openlanguage_rus|cmd
[120]|CM_WAIT 0|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_dummy|cmd
[152]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE nomenu.mnu|C:\totalcmd\usercmd.ini|em_hidemainmenu|cmd
[153]|OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_pm_dan.mnu|C:\totalcmd\usercmd.ini|em_showmainmenu|cmd

Other problems:
Row|Col 0|Col 1|Col 2|Col 3|Col 4
[1]||C:\totalcmd\wincmd.ini|PackerPlugins||File not found for packer plugin
[2]|plugins.ini|C:\totalcmd\wincmd.ini|PackerPlugins|RedirectSection|File not found for packer plugin
[3]||C:\totalcmd\wincmd.ini|ContentPlugins||File not found for content plugin
[4]|plugins.ini|C:\totalcmd\wincmd.ini|ContentPlugins|RedirectSection|File not found for content plugin
[5]||C:\totalcmd\wincmd.ini|ListerPlugins||File not found for lister plugin
[6]|plugins.ini|C:\totalcmd\wincmd.ini|ListerPlugins|RedirectSection|File not found for lister plugin
[7]||C:\totalcmd\wincmd.ini|FileSystemPlugins||File not found for filesystem plugin
[8]|plugins.ini|C:\totalcmd\wincmd.ini|FileSystemPlugins|RedirectSection|File not found for filesystem plugin
files for the redirected sections are in TC's programdir - hence no need for full path
License #524 (1994)
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
magz

Post by *magz »

v0.17 is up.

I disabled the fileopen dialog for when a usercmd.ini is not found.
As that must have been annoying to users without a usercmd.ini

The 32 bit version of tcCmdVerify should be able to look for files in the system32 folder now.

And I tried to fix the false positives reported.

@Peter:
Let me know what false positives remain now please.

Dalai wrote:there's two workarounds:
  • temporarily disable file-system redirection (Wow64DisableWow64FsRedirection, Wow64RevertWow64FsRedirection), but one must be aware that this might cause other issues, especially when it comes to loading DLLs and stuff.
  • Use \SysNative instead of \system32. This is easier and works out of the box on all Windows x64 versions except Windows XP x64.
Regards
Dalai
Thanks a lot for that tip, that was very clarifying for me. I've now set the x86 version of tcCmdVerify to disable file system redirection during the "calculation phase" (from 50% to 100% on the progress bar), and re-enable it just before the GUI pops up. I set it to only do so if the 32 bit version is ran on a 64 bit OS.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

cmd path not found:
[10]|%COMSPEC% /k set|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\pm_dan.bar|Buttonbar|cmd47
I had another like this: %comspec% /k echo - which is fixed
[12]|lsplugin.ini|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_editlsplugins|cmd
I have others like this: fsplugin.ini, pkplugin.ini, contplug.ini, usercmd.ini, wcx_ftp.ini - which are all also placed in TC's program dir - and they dont come out in the list only lsplugins.ini. It doesn't help to put C:\totalcmd\ in the "Paths to search for missing commands an icons" list

icon path not found:
[12]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\SGViewer\SGViewer.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\viewer.bar|Buttonbar|cmd3
[13]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\IMGView\IMGView.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan\viewer.bar|Buttonbar|cmd4
[14]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\SGViewer\SGViewer.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_list_sgviewer|button
[15]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\IMGView\IMGView.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_list_imgview|button
[16]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\FlashView\FlashView.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_list_flashview|button
[17]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\swfListerLite\swfll.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_list_swfll|button
[18]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\swfLister\swflst.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_list_swflst|button
[19]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\TTFViewer\TTFViewer.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_list_ttfviewer|button
[20]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\SynPlus\SynPlus.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_list_synplus|button
[21]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\Syn2\Syn2.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_list_syn2|button
[22]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\VisualDirSize\visualdirsize.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_list_visualdirsize|button
[23]|%COMMANDER_PATH%\PLUGINS\WLX\VisualDirSize\DirSizeCalcCharts.wlx|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_list_dirsizecalccharts|button
Again - all these .wlx files have correct paths and do contain icons.

other errors:
[1]|plugins.ini|C:\totalcmd\wincmd.ini|PackerPlugins|RedirectSection|File not found for packer plugin
[2]|plugins.ini|C:\totalcmd\wincmd.ini|ContentPlugins|RedirectSection|File not found for content plugin
[3]|plugins.ini|C:\totalcmd\wincmd.ini|ListerPlugins|RedirectSection|File not found for lister plugin
[4]|plugins.ini|C:\totalcmd\wincmd.ini|FileSystemPlugins|RedirectSection|File not found for filesystem plugin
I am not quite sure what these means - I have these redirect sections in my wincmd.ini:
[PackerPlugins]
RedirectSection=plugins.ini

[PackerPlugins64]

[FileSystemPlugins]

[FileSystemPlugins64]

[ListerPlugins]

[ListerPlugins64]

[ContentPlugins]

[ContentPlugins64]
So there is no paths, but it is not needed since the files are all in TC's program dir. It doesn't help to put C:\totalcmd\ in the "Paths to search for missing commands an icons" list
Last edited by petermad on 2017-03-16, 15:33 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
License #524 (1994)
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

The 32 bit version of tcCmdVerify should be able to look for files in the system32 folder now.
I now get the same results whether I use the 32- or the 64-bit version of tcCmdVerify
License #524 (1994)
magz

v0.18

Post by *magz »

v0.18 is up
With some bugfixes reported by Petermad
petermad wrote:cmd path not found:
I had another like this: %comspec% /k echo - which is fixed
This bug should be fixed from v0.18
petermad wrote:
[12]|lsplugin.ini|C:\totalcmd\LANGUAGE\wcmd_pm_dan.ini|em_ext_editlsplugins|cmd
I have others like this: fsplugin.ini, pkplugin.ini, contplug.ini, usercmd.ini, wcx_ftp.ini - which are all also placed in TC's program dir - and they dont come out in the list only lsplugins.ini. It doesn't help to put C:\totalcmd\ in the "Paths to search for missing commands an icons" list
Is lsplugin.ini under "cmd path not found"?
Weird, as that doesn't happen here, and I have the same command as I use your menus.

That "Paths to search for missing commands and icons" is not doing anything. At least not yet.
The idea was that tcCmdVerify will help locate missing files, but as the x86 and x64 versions of a program are often given the same name this complicates things a bit. I may need to make some GUI for the user to select among such equal file names to determine which is for what OS architecture. So that edit box has a intended use, but does nothing yet. Except for making my tool look pretty.
petermad wrote:icon path not found:
Again - all these .wlx files have correct paths and do contain icons.
Very strange.
The icon verification part just checks for valid paths, it doesn't check for icons within the files. And these does not get reported as missing here. So I can't reproduse these either.

I worry that I may have only fixed half of your bug reports, and that the above are still reported as errors by tcCmdVerify, but do let me know if they are.
petermad wrote:other errors:
[1]|plugins.ini|C:\totalcmd\wincmd.ini|PackerPlugins|RedirectSection|File not found for packer plugin
[2]|plugins.ini|C:\totalcmd\wincmd.ini|ContentPlugins|RedirectSection|File not found for content plugin
[3]|plugins.ini|C:\totalcmd\wincmd.ini|ListerPlugins|RedirectSection|File not found for lister plugin
[4]|plugins.ini|C:\totalcmd\wincmd.ini|FileSystemPlugins|RedirectSection|File not found for filesystem plugin
I am not quite sure what these means - I have these redirect sections in my wincmd.ini:
[PackerPlugins]

[PackerPlugins64]

[FileSystemPlugins]

[FileSystemPlugins64]

[ListerPlugins]

[ListerPlugins64]

[ContentPlugins]

[ContentPlugins64]
So there is no paths, but it is not needed since the files are all in TC's program dir. It doesn't help to put C:\totalcmd\ in the "Paths to search for missing commands an icons" list
These should be fixed now, I had forgotten to allow for relative paths with the path given in redirectsection.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2magz
I cannot test v. 0.18 - I get this error while loading:
---------------------------
AutoIt Error
Line 12804 (File "C:\totalcmd\TOOLS\tcCmdVerify\tcCmdVerify.exe"):

Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.
OK
License #524 (1994)
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2magz
AutoIt Error

Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.
OK
Is lsplugin.ini under "cmd path not found"?
Yes.
License #524 (1994)
magz

Post by *magz »

petermad wrote:2magz
AutoIt Error

OK
Could you run the source code through autoit please? So I'll see what line in the code the error occurs at?

Running it like such will provide more info about where in the code the error occurs:
"%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\AutoIt3\AutoIt3_x64.exe" tcCmdVerify.au3

Here is autoit:
https://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Before I install Aotoit I can add this.

I went back to the previous version of tcCmdVerify an here I get this error:
AutoIt Error
Line 13158 (File "C:\WC\TOOLS\tcCmdVerify\tcCmdVerify_x64.exe"):

OK
I then deleted an icon in the iconbar that I had made AFTER the last time I tried the previous version of tcCmdVerify - and then it (the previous tcCmdVerify) loads without problems.

the button was this:

TOTALCMD#BAR#DATA
c:\totalcmd\Utils\NTLinksMaker\NTLinksMaker.exe
/q- /b /r="%P" "@%WL" "%T"
c:\totalcmd\Tools\NTLinksMaker\NTLinksMaker.exe
NTLinksMaker
c:\totalcmd\Utils\NTLinksMaker\
But removing that button does not help making v. 0.18 to load.
License #524 (1994)
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

2petermad
No need to install AutoIt. Just get the ZIP, extract it to some directory, launch AutoIt3.exe (or AutoIt3_x64.exe) and select the script (.au3) file.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
magz

0.18a

Post by *magz »

petermad wrote:I then deleted an icon in the iconbar that I had made AFTER the last time I tried the previous version of tcCmdVerify - and then it (the previous tcCmdVerify) loads without problems.

the button was this:

TOTALCMD#BAR#DATA
c:\totalcmd\Utils\NTLinksMaker\NTLinksMaker.exe
/q- /b /r="%P" "@%WL" "%T"
c:\totalcmd\Tools\NTLinksMaker\NTLinksMaker.exe
NTLinksMaker
c:\totalcmd\Utils\NTLinksMaker\
But removing that button does not help making v. 0.18 to load.
I got an error when I added that button to the toolbar as well and found a typo, which fixed it here.

Try 0.18a that I just uploaded.
Hopefully that fixed it, a very minor change, 3 letters have been removed since v0.18.
Thanks for the testing and bug reports. :)