OTG, Marshmallow, NTFS Plugin problems

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

pjk

OTG, Marshmallow, NTFS Plugin problems

Post by *pjk »

I've been a WC/TC user for close to 20 years now. I must admit the UI on the Android version confuses the heck out of me. (And I'm not having the same problem with other Android file managers)

I installed the Paragon NTFS plugin which seemed prudent considering some of the storage I will attach will probably be formatted NTFS. But if I allow it to mount the drive, no other apps other than TC will see it, apparently.

I am able to see the media in TC after the plugin mounts it.

However I can't copy to that drive. If I try to "checkmark" a folder on the internal filesystem to copy, once I navigate to the OTG drive, any attempt to finish the copy results in a "No files selected!" error. I also tried the trick suggested by Christian from a thread here in 2015, to create a bookmark on the homepage for the external media - this doesn't show up in the copy nav menu and I basically have the same problem.

I also tried to "long click" on the folder and copy to clipboard (many other android file managers work like this), but I can't find a paste command anywhere.

(UPDATE: Maybe I just don't know how to use TC Android. This particular USB drive is formatted FAT32. So I tried dismounting it from Paragon and using it natively. It shows up in the location picker and I can set it as a user-defined location. But still the "copy" button (2nd from left at bottom of portrait-oriented phone) reports "No files selected" when I try to copy the folder I had selected on the internal storage)

TIA
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

pjk,
Did you navigate to the source in one panel and to the target in the other panel? Or did you try to do all the copying in the same panel?

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
pjk

Post by *pjk »

Hacker wrote:Did you navigate to the source in one panel and to the target in the other panel? Or did you try to do all the copying in the same panel?
Tried both.

Is there a way to "copy/paste"? I found the copy command (long press, menu, "copy to clipboard"), couldn't find a paste command. Tried marking the folder by clicking to the left of folder icon so it shows a green checkmark, when I go to destination folder on removable OTG device, the copy button on the left bottom gives me "No files selected!".

I guess I should try copying some files on the internal storage so at least I am sure I know how the UI works. Very non-obvious UI IMHO.

Thanks.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

pjk,
Well, going to the target in one panel, to the source in the other panel, marking the file to be copied and touching the copy icon should work.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.