Feature Request: Improved multiple file selection

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Thenrik

Feature Request: Improved multiple file selection

Post by *Thenrik »

I'm using TC 280 beta2 with my Android tablet and find the multiple file selection very painful and incosistant. Long pressing on the file icon mostly brings up either the TC open with/copy/send to et all dialog box or the Google one. One time in ten, the selection dialog comes up and I'm able to select the second file but by the third file, it's back to the open with dialog boxes. The selection icon at the bottom left doesn't help when I'm selecting 15 jpeg pics in a folder of 200.

Other file managers use touch selection or checking boxes etc. I really like TC but it's currently not practical for anything but single file operations on Android touch-screen devices.

I would request that you consider developing an Android touch-screen friendly multiple file selection method in a future version.

Thanks,

Tom
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Thenrik,
Are you sure you are clicking the icons and not the names?

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Thenrik

Post by *Thenrik »

Hi:

The trick is being able to long-press the icon without any contact with the file name, not easy for those of us with larger fingers. I'm getting better at it but it seems needlessly complicated. An easier pricess would ensure wider adoption.

Thanks for your reply.

Best,

Tom