Main Menu Icons not visible (top line) using 2.80B3

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

FvL

Main Menu Icons not visible (top line) using 2.80B3

Post by *FvL »

I am using TC on a media player with standard Android Lollipop (not the Android TV Leanback version run on many media players).
Media Players using Android typically don't have a TOP notification area as Android based Smart Phones all have. It is mostly disabled as it gets in the way of media player images annoying many users. APP's are typically full screen.
So workarounds are often needed when running APP's developed with smartphones in mind.

I have 2 problem:
1) On the top line with Total Commander on the left there are no Main Menu Icons on the right. This is neither the case for the Media Player (TC Media Player on the left). As there is no notification area this is essential. Using the same 2.80b3 version on my Samsung S5 they do appear and work correctly.

2) There must be a hidden main Media Player menu somewhere as you talk about showing artwork. I only get the playlist overview. Using both platforms that is the same. No idea what to do to show detailed info on the actual song being played.

The missing Main Menu icons for TC were bypassed by adding the available button for it. To access Media Player directly another button was added. Thanks to JohnFredC asking for the how to do that. No bypass was found on the forum for the missing Media Player Menu (no way found to save a Playlist without this menu being available).
Last edited by FvL on 2016-06-03, 07:11 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Could you please give me some more details?
- what device are you using?
- do you get the same problem with the release (not beta) version?

1) Does your device have a dedicated menu key? If yes, you need to press that to view the main menu.

2) Nothing hidden, TC uses the normal top application bar with icons and overflow menu 8see your S5).
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
FvL

Post by *FvL »

I am using a Himedia Q10 Pro media player which uses Android Lollipop as a basis.
The problem is the same using the previous regular release.
For control I can use a IR-remote, a wireless pointer mouse with a keyboard and menu controls or the Himedia APP which copies the TV screen providing a touch screen on my Smart Phone.

1) Pressing Menu brings up a Main Menu as a pop-up window indeed for TC. The same menu as using the added icon. It does not do that unfortunately for Media Player which would enable a bypass. My samsung always has the Main Menu's Icons on the Top line for both (TC Media Player as White Text on the left visible and Player Menu ICON's right).

2) I never see any artwork, neither on my Samsung. It has folder.jpg and embedded pictures IDv2 per song in MP3.
I used About to display/verify the version.
"Load album art from cover.jpg/png/gif or folder.jpg from track directory if no album art present in the mp3 file itself" Where or how made visible?

3) Various problems playing FLAC (keep in mind this is played on a 7.1 AMP plus matching speakers).
MCH 5.1 works but only one title at a time (a playlist results in silence when moving to the next song). High bitrates are not played (also result in a silent playback). I can make a different topic from this? Other players on the same platform work fine here, but I really like TC media Player for the sound quality and the friendly/flexible user interface to e.g. create playlists.

TC is a great product and I am a registered user for the Windows edition since Version-3. :D
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

1) Ah, I see - I have added special code for that in the main program. I will try that in the editor and media player too.

2) Album art is only shown on the lock screen as the background. The player itself doesn't show album art to show more lines of the play list. Of course a TV screen doesn't have a lock screen, so you will not see album art.

3) TC Media Player uses the built-in Android MediaPlayer control. It depends on the codecs of that control what you can play and what you can't. You should try a player coming with its own codecs like VLC if you have troubles playing certain tracks.
FvL

Post by *FvL »

Thanks for the answer and support. Was waiting for the update to confirm if it was working.

Any date for a release planned?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

There is currently a beta test going on you can follow the instructions in this post to get the latest beta:
http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=44089