TC delete from Download folder leaves name in Downloads app

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

cowboy

TC delete from Download folder leaves name in Downloads app

Post by *cowboy »

TC 2.80 b4 Android 5.1 Verizon Ellipsis 10 tablet

This may be an Android deficiency, since file manager that came with my tablet shows same behaviour.

Deleting/moving files from Download folder leaves names in Downloads app. I tried disabling Downloads app (not Download Manager), and if I re-enable app, the names are still there. However, deleting Download folder from TC, then re-creating folder, causes names to be removed from Downloads app.

Deleting data/cache from Download Manager and Downloads app has no effect on problem.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Total Commander does notify the system about deleted/copied/moved/created files, e.g. for media players or access from Windows. Apparently the download app does not listen to these changes.

Maybe it helps to delete the already deleted files again, from within the download app?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
cowboy

Post by *cowboy »

The files are actually deleted, but the names remain in the Downloads app. I've been getting rid of them by deleting the names from within the app. Must be another Android bug.
Mikefield
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Mikefield »

You can add a button with the internal command 130 refresh (MTP -> PC). This could help, but Christian Ghisler just added this function when files are deleted with Total Commander. Would be fine to know if this solve your problem.
You can also try 3rd party app like "Rescan SD Media Card".

mf
Bankster - Word of the Year 2009
cowboy

Post by *cowboy »

Button for Internal 130 didn't help. Didn't try Rescan SD Media Caad, since Playstore description says the app dismounts/remounts SD card. My Download folder is on intenral storage. Think Ghistler is right in guessing Downloads app doesn't pay attention to TC notification. But you asked for results, so here they are.
Mikefield
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Mikefield »

Ohh, sorry for that. As Christian Ghisler implemented it, I didn't used it anymore. So it should be only a try to help.

mf
Bankster - Word of the Year 2009