Network access on background thread please

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

bdevay

Network access on background thread please

Post by *bdevay »

Hi All,

I've read that there was a bug fix regarding to the used space calculation. The process has been moved to a background thread and you can cancel it with pressing ESC. That's great and I'm sure lot of you are happy with that included me.

My question is the same for the network access. I realized that every time when I want to browse slow networks I have to wait minutes long for getting back the control (GUI freezes) while reading directory content. Of course, if it takes too long I switch to another application and later back... and Total Commander tries to refresh the current selected directory... and again and again. I have to use Task Manager to kill Total Commander in this case.

Is there any intent or plan to send also this process to the background like directory space calculation?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Strage, TC 9 should show a progress dialog after 5 seconds. FindFirstFile for regular paths is called in a background thread, and reading virtual folders like the list of shares is called in a background thread too...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
bdevay

Post by *bdevay »

Yepp, now, I can't reproduce it for fast. But, I'll watch the preconditions and circumstances when it occurred. I'll try to create a video about the issue if I'll facing with it again.