Ultra TC Editors 6.42 Final

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

Hi, all
I have finished this new tool Ultra TC Hotkeys Editor for modifying your Total Commander hotkeys.
This program will make assignning hotkeys is very easy

it is very easy to use, no help topic needed ;-)

the only thing i want to mention here is that you can define a hotkey using keyboard instead of the mouse as follow :
1- select the command you want assign a hotkey for it.
2- Press [Control] or [Alt] or [Shift] and a [Character].
3- when you reach to desired hotkeys press [Enter].

I publish this program individual to easily update and fix any errors you can find before include it to "Ultra TC Editors" package

I hope all of you find this tool useful
Last edited by ts4242 on 2004-11-01, 10:19 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
samoht

Post by *samoht »

Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

I get an error during starting:
"Run=time error '25602':
Key is not unique in collection"
It happens always, even after fresh installation (and of course earlier .ini files removing)
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

djk wrote:I get an error during starting:
"Run=time error '25602':
Key is not unique in collection"
It happens always, even after fresh installation (and of course earlier .ini files removing)
to use Hotkeys Editor open Regedit and create this path "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE or HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ghisler\Total Commander" and then create this value "IniFileName=path_of_tc_ini"
start the program

i will fix it next version
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

2ts4242

I've got both of the keys. Maybe the problem is that the value is with variable: "%USERPROFILE%\wincmd.ini"
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

djk wrote:2ts4242

I've got both of the keys. Maybe the problem is that the value is with variable: "%USERPROFILE%\wincmd.ini"
yes, it must be, i will try to support using system variable in this value!
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

This Applies to Ultra TC Editor 4.0 run under Windows 98SE

First you need to distribute the file MSCOMCTL.OCX with the editor - it doesn't come with Windows 98SE - or at least make a note on your website that MSCOMCTL.OCX is needed, and make it downloadable from your site.

In the Main Menu Editor the command column is frequently truncated (narrowed) by the program itself - usually to a width that makes it completely unreadable - see: http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/ultratc40.gif.

Sometimes the command column completely dissapears.

Even though I resize the command column each time - it is corrupted the next time I start the editor.

A request: Just as I can set the indentation (View -> Options -> Operation -> Number of spaces to indent....) I would like an option to set the number of lines between each first-level menu (between END_POPUP and POPUP) and between STARTMENU and HELP_BREAK and first-level menus. I would like to be able to set it to 1 empty line between theese items, just as in the default .mnu files shipped with TC.
Last edited by petermad on 2005-07-10, 13:59 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

2>petermad
First you need to distribute the file MSCOMCTL.OCX with the editor - it doesn't come with Windows 98SE - or at least make a note on your website that MSCOMCTL.OCX is needed, and make it downloadable from your site.
in program home page I offer a link for a Setup program that contain all necessary files to run Editors proparly.
In the Main Menu Editor the command column is frequently truncated (narrowed) by the program itself - usually to a width that makes it completely unreadable
this is a bug occur in system use ',' "comma" as "Decimal symbol" i will fix it next release
to confirm goto Contol Panel> Regional Settings> Number and change decimal symbol to anything else comma
I would like an option to set the number of lines between each first-level menu (between END_POPUP and POPUP) and between STARTMENU and HELP_BREAK and first-level menus
Good idea i will consider it.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

ts4242 wrote: in program home page I offer a link for a Setup program that contain all necessary files to run Editors proparly.
Sorry I didn't realize that the missing files were in there - stupid me :oops:

BTW the History Editor is missing a RecentFiles1= in the "ultra tc editors.ini" file - This leads to History Editor asking for the location of my wincmd.ini file every time it is started.
License #524 (1994)
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

2>petermad
BTW the History Editor is missing a RecentFiles1= in the "ultra tc editors.ini" file - This leads to History Editor asking for the location of my wincmd.ini file every time it is started.
It is a bug :oops:
until i fix it please open Regedit and create this path "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE or HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ghisler\Total Commander" and then create this value "IniFileName=path_of_tc_ini_W/O_system_variable"
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

Ultra TC Hotkeys Editor 1.01 released (Download)

What is new:
==========
[+] Support using system environment variable in registry value that refer to Wincmd.ini location.

[-] Error occur if the program didn't found Wincmd.ini automatically.
[-] minor bugs fixed

[*][/b] Press 'context menu key beside right Control' or 'Alt + A' instead of 'Alt' because pressing Alt used for activate the program menu bar

comments are welcome
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Nifty little program - I like it :D

One thing though. I installed (unpacked) the program into the directory where I have the other UltraTCEditor programmes, and therefore I copied the file "tc default hotkeys.hky" into the "Data Files" dir, soon to realize that it had to be in the same dir as "Hotkeys Editor.exe" - You should make the program check for the prescence of "Data Files\tc default hotkeys.hky" - and use that if "tc default hotkeys.hky" is not found i current dir.
License #524 (1994)
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

2>petermad
because i publish it individual i put "tc default hotkeys.hky" in the same program folder
but when i include it with other editors i will move "tc default hotkeys.hky" to "Data Files" folder
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

I see, but couldn't you just let the program look in both places for the file?
License #524 (1994)
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

Ultra TC Hotkeys Editor 1.02 released (Download)

What is new in version 1.02
==================
[+] New option "Use ContextMenu key instead of Alt key." use it if you have truoble to mark Alt checkbox by Alt key
[+] New function 'Delete All Hotkeys'
[+] Press Backspace to clear Ctrl, Alt, Shift and key selection.
[+] Recent files list.

comments are welcome