7-zip best compression preset

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

mixomix

7-zip best compression preset

Post by *mixomix »

Hi,
i wonder if i can make a multiarc 7-zip command line preset, whick would have same results as a 7-zip manager does...

I use ULTRA, 32M dict. and 128 word size, solid archive and of cource LZMA as a compression method.......

in multiarc i use

Code: Select all

%P a -bd -mf=on -mhcf=on -ms=4g -m0=BCJ2 -m1=LZMA:d32m:a2:mf=bt4b:fb128 -m2=LZMA:d32m:a2:mf=bt4b:fb128 -m3=LZMA:d32m:a2:mf=bt4b:fb128 -mb0:1 -mb0s1:2 -mb0s2:3 -y { %S} %AQA @%LQ
The compression differs in about 1% , but what is wierd for me is that it isnt the same :) a searched a lot of posts and tryed a lot a of "best compression" presets and still nothing. so does anyone know which parameters 7zMA uses in compression presset above ?
or whats the truely best command-line compression preset (for 512MB RAM) ?

btw i use 7-zip 4.11b

thx for answering :)
Ariel

Post by *Ariel »

Hi,

By the way, 7-Zip has new versions over there, but I have tried 7-Zip 4.10 Beta with the old configuration settings in MultiArc (the ones from version 3.x) and it didn't work. It seems the command line has changed in this new version. Do you know if the authors have released the Multiarc ini file for this new version (they say it supports multi-volumes :D )?

Regards,
Ariel
mixomix

hi

Post by *mixomix »

hi, yeah i know, i have latest beta and multiarc seems to go fine, but only problem is that as i desribed above :)

dunno about multi-volumes...
regards!