FileX content plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

FileX content plugin

Post by *VadiMGP »

FileX 1.4 plugin:

- provides various information about files (registered type, association etc.)
- provide some fields for search and filtering
- allows to use user-definable groups of files based on substrings in filename.

ftp://ftp1.mgpsoft.com/FileX14.zip

FileX wdx plugin How do you use it?
https://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=26698

FileX v2.3
FileX content plugin - Page 5
http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=321106#321106
You can download the new plugin version here
http://www.mgpsoft.net/Downloads/FileX23.zip

_
CEUM

Post by *CEUM »

quite usefull, thanks for that plugin!
regards CEUM
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Thanks VadiMGP for that great plugin, I completely missed it till now. I even found a new version of Eventlog plugin on your server, WDXChart and WDXGuide I didn't know, too.

You should really announce more often...! :)

Icfu
This account is for sale
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

icfu wrote:I even found a new version of Eventlog plugin on your server.
You should really announce more often...! :)
http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=54181#54181
Hoecker sie sind raus!
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2icfu
I even found a new version of Eventlog plugin on your server, WDXChart and WDXGuide I didn't know, too.

You should really announce more often...!
I wrote WDXChart and WDXGuide during TC 6.5 beta test phase as additional testing tools for developers and testers. I didn't expect any interest in these programs after testing so I even didn't finish all planned features. :) BTW, AFAIK similar tool (WDXGuide) was released and is public available on wincmd.ru and/or on totalcmd.net
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

I didn't expect any interest in these programs after testing so I even didn't finish all planned features.
I think that WDXChart and WDXGuide are much better suited to cycle thru different content plugins than fiddling around with column setups in TC.

I use them for all information that i only need occasionally, like for example what codec a video file uses. Before I have told TC to show me that column I have already watched the vid. ;)

So, the interest is definetely there, the only problem is that most users don't know what to do with apps like that and if they don't know that they are existing they will never know. The new content plugins are still too new to let people realize how powerful they are, imho...
BTW, AFAIK similar tool (WDXGuide) was released and is public available on wincmd.ru and/or on totalcmd.net
Yep, WDXGuide2 on totalcmd.net I know but your WDXGuide is a lister plugin (unique till now) and WDXChart I prefer due to its GUI (fullscreen window) and ability to load more than one file, this is unique, too.

So, I think it would be nice to link them on totalcmd.net so more people can benefit. :)

Icfu
This account is for sale
Raymond

Post by *Raymond »

I also found WDXChart an useful tool and have used it since I found it.
BTW, when working with RarColumns it will crash. Not sure where the problem comes from, WDXChart or the plugin.
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2icfu
most users don't know what to do with apps like that
This is first reason why i didn't expect an interest. ;)
The new content plugins are still too new to let people realize how powerful they are, imho...
Agree. This is second reason. ;)
I think it would be nice to link them on totalcmd.net so more people can benefit.
I'm sorry, but I really overloaded right now and even cannot finish planned features for supported plugins. I hope when TC 7.0 testing will start I'll return back to these tools and (hopefully) finish them, but I cannot promise it.

2Raymond
when working with RarColumns it will crash
Well, I'll try to check it and fix it, but again - right now I cannot provide a "normal" support, sorry. :( Please send me your wincmd.ini file by mail to support(at)mgpsoft(dot)com
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Ok, I can understand that. If you have no time it's better of course to not make them too public. ;)

Icfu
This account is for sale
Raymond

Post by *Raymond »

VadiMGP wrote:Please send me your wincmd.ini file by mail to support(at)mgpsoft(dot)com
I tried, with 2 of my mailboxes, both got replies from postmaster(at)lando(dot)net say:
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
Delivery to the following recipients failed.
van Dusen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *van Dusen »

2VadiMGP
Thank you for your beautiful plugins and addons... especially CDocProp, FileX, wdxChart and wdxGuide I like very much :)

2all
There is no official support, I know... but I'am sure, that someone can help me to get wdxChart and wdxGuide work :) :

I figured out, that wincmd.ini has to be located in windows directory... otherwise wdxGuide.wlx doesn't find any plugin. Thus, I've relocated my TC-INI-files to the windows directory:
* I've moved the INI file and
* I've deleted the UseIniInProgramDir entry in my wincmd.ini.
* I've restarted my PC and TC.
* I've checked my registry for \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ghisler\Total Commander\IniFileName.

wdxGuide.wlx cannot load the plugins anyway. I get an error message

Cannot load plugin %Commander_path%\Plugins\{PluginSubdir}\{PluginName}.wdx

(%Commander_path%\Plugins\ImageInfo\Images.wdx for example. )

%Commander_path% is set to "C:\Programme\TotalCmd". The expanded path is absolutely correct for each plugin.

wdxChart.exe even doesn't find any plugin, the tab strip below the grid is empty (no plugin is listed there).

The installation on the PC on my job (WinXP Pro, restricted user account) works fine for both wdxChart.exe and wdxGuide.wlx... The installation at home (WinXP HE, admin account) does not, as described above.

Any ideas, what I've missed?
Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Regards, van Dusen
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Make sure that entry "IniFileName" under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ghisler\Total Commander exists so plugin and tool can find ini location.
This means you should either install Total Commander to make it create that entry or you have to create it manually.

Icfu
This account is for sale
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2Raymond
Sorry, my mistake. Send it to support(at)mgpsoft(dot)net

2van Dusen
I figured out, that wincmd.ini has to be located in windows directory...
No, wincmd.ini can be anywere. There something wrong with your settings. I peresonnaly never keep wincmd.ini in the Windows directory.
The installation on the PC on my job (WinXP Pro, restricted user account) works fine for both wdxChart.exe and wdxGuide.wlx... The installation at home (WinXP HE, admin account) does not, as described above.
1. Try to configure plugins without using %COMMANDER_PATH% variable.
2. Try to transfer your TC installation from your work office to home including TC directory, ini file and registry settings.
van Dusen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *van Dusen »

2VadiMGP and Icfu
Thanks a lot for helping me, now everything works fine! :)
Icfu wrote:Make sure that entry "IniFileName" under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ghisler\Total Commander exists so plugin and tool can find ini location. [...]
I've checked this, but the registry entries are seemingly irrelevant for wdxChart and wlxGuide:
On the job the value "IniFileName" (and "FtpIniName") doesn't exist at all (only "InstallDir" is established), but the plugins work. At home I have it (and it refers to the correct INI-location), but the plugins didn't work.
VadiMGP wrote:[...]
2. Try to transfer your TC installation from your work office to home including TC directory, ini file and registry settings.
Today I've copied the wincmd.ini from work office to my home PC... now the problem is solved. Of course there are some differences between the two INI-files. Unfortunately I didn't find out yet (maybe later), which entries were responsible for the problem... doesn't matter, I'am happy now :)

Thanks again,
regards, van Dusen
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

I've checked this, but the registry entries are seemingly irrelevant for wdxChart and wlxGuide:
Strange, registry setting is reproducable here...

Icfu
This account is for sale