Extensive Fully Detailed Changelog of all TC Versions

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Extensive Fully Detailed Changelog of all TC Versions

Post by *pdavit »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DOWNLOAD FROM:
totalcmd.net: http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/FullTCHistory.html
alternative link: http://ice.prohosting.com/inornate/FullTCHistory.zip (personal site)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear TC users,

I have taken the time to create a text file which includes the full TC changelog history to the best of our
knowledge. Reasons for having such a file can be many. From purely emotional and historical to having some
development details not documented within the help file of TC which can help you understand some features
better or help you master "hidden" secrets of some features.

We are lucky to have missing extensive changelog details down to minimum. On the other hand there are 3-4
inconsistences either based on typos (dates and/or version numbers), or based purely on human errors while
gathering up all the necessary information.

You will also find a couple or so historical references throughout the development period of TC (and WC).

Feel free to post here any errors you might have located or additional information so than I can have the
file updated. Thanks!

Kind regards,
Panos
TC Beta Tester
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
norfie
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie »

2pdavit
I have taken the time to create a text file which includes the full TC changelog history
Thank you for your efforts.
Do you think we need this informations twice?
1st: Windows/Total Commander complete History file v.1.00/6.03a
2nd: FullTCHistory.txt 6.03a
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

norfie
pdavit is not the author of both variants ;) If you look at the 'Author' point, you'll see that Windows/Total Commander complete History file v.1.00/6.03a's author is Black Dog.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

2norfie
But pdavit's version is more complete!
See the 3.03 (22.6.1997) part.
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

2Flint
pdavit is not the author of both variants
That was the point in norfie's post. ;-)
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
norfie
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie »

you'll see that Windows/Total Commander complete History file v.1.00/6.03a's author is Black Dog.
Thank you for your hint but I knew that. So what? Quite honestly, I couldn't care less who is the "author". :D
(BTW: Neither Black Dog nor pdavit are the authors of this histories - their are publishers/collectors of this informations.)

2SanskritFritz
That was the point in norfie's post.
That's right.
But pdavit's version is more complete!
That's the reason because I don't like different versions of the "same" content.
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

SanskritFritz wrote:But pdavit's version is more complete!
See the 3.03 (22.6.1997) part.
Thanks! This point I guess explains why more that one versions are necessary! ;)

In addition I've also taken the time to elaborate some points as transparent as
possible within the file. I have an update but I will not post it until v6.50
is out so that I can include the changelog of the latest version as well.

PS: BTW, the almost concurrent release of my version and the "rival" one was
based on the fact that I was waiting from some feedback for information from
other beta testers and Christian himself.

Take care.
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

2pdavit

Your Changelog contains the following information:
1.61r 05.06.95 Russian version by Alexey Penznesky (Moscow)
Version 1.61r is a a cracked/patched version, it's nothing official (according to Christian Ghisler).
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2pdavit

Comparing your FullTCHistory_Clean.txt with TC 8.01's history.txt I find discrepancies in these four lines (apart from differencies in number of repetitive spaces and blank lines):
12.11.10 Added: wincmd.ini [Configuration] SelectionMarker="* " set marker for selected lines in file lists (returned via LB_GETTEXT) - mainly useful for the blind

24.01.10 Added: Show fake "etc" directory on 64-bit XP too in system32 folder to redirect to real "etc" directory

29.02.08 Added: Synchronize dirs: Unicode support in LB_GETTEXT (for visually impaired), continued work on sync of empty dirs

20.11.07 Added: Unicode support in LB_GETTEXT: Main file lists, separate trees, Search results, Tree dialog, Synchronize dirs
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar